Using HRM: How to add calories to exercise diary?

Options
Hi All,

I am using a HRM to monitor my calorie burn during work outs and would love to be able to add calories only to my diary, like I can with foods that aren't listed.

For example, last night I went for a 25 minute cycle across town and burned 200 calories, this is not a workout "set" but a practical journey which I wont regularly repeat. I find the HRM more accurate than the MFP estimation so I would rather add my own reading than the MFP estimation for 25 mins moderate cycling.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to add this sort of thing to my diary?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• genefabes
    Options
    go to create your own exercise and enter it manually! heart rate monitors are the best and most accurate :)
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That means adding a new exercise every time I work out or cycle from A-B though does it?
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    you can creat your own exercise
    or choose one of mfp exercises and put your burn - the filed is editable
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Once you've added your exercise you should be able to just change minutes and cal without looking that excercie back up again. It's similar to food, once you've found and added a food you don't have to do that again, but you can change the serving.
  • dickymint678
    dickymint678 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As per previous post - create a new excercise.

Once done, you can re-use this excersise and change the time which will / should auto change the calories burnt. If you disagree with the MFP proposed calories just edit them to your chosen value.

Good luck.
  • NdBuk
    NdBuk Posts: 25
    Options
    Yeah - I have 4 activities set up as I track walks / runs with Runkeeper. (Need a HRM but want one that's compatible with the phone - but might get the new iPhone when it appears...)

So, I have Run To Work, Run Home, Run (Runkeeper logged) and Walk (Runkeeper logged). Then I just pick the relevant one and enter the time and calories each time.

You could just do it with one ("HRM tracked activity") but I like to be able to look back and differentiate between just going for a run, a walk with the family or getting to work and back.
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

Ok that sounds great-I didn't realise you could manually edit the calories in each exercise. I will definitely set up a few different ones then.
    I love using runkeeper too, I keep thinking that it would be great if MFP and runkeeper would join together into one really handy app ;-)