Fitbit Users, Question???

Options
I just got a Fitbit about a week ago and was loving it, until just the last two days. Saturday I walked almost four miles and it said I only burned a hundred and some calories as "Fitbit Adjustment" in my exercise log. Then yesterday I hike over four miles, and it did the same thing. Am I really burning that FEW calories, or is my Fitbit doing something wrong because I'm not using it correctly?

Replies

• mary_suzanne
    mary_suzanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It seems to only adjust when you do more calories than it expects in a day, so if you do fewer then it doesn't change anything, which is a tad confusing in my opinion! So if you don't usually get up to the target then it wouldn't tell you or make any adjustment.

So if you have an expected calorie usage on your profile it compares to that and then adjusts. So for me it has calories usage at 2210 calories (Normal daily activity) – an adjustment would only appear if I use, or am projected to use, more than that figure in the day.

At least, that is how I think it works.... :-s
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    You need to record the start time for your exercise, as well as the type and duration in MFP. You will then get accurate credit for the calories that you burned. You will still see a fitbit adjusment because you are always burning calories that aren't tied to a specific exercise. Hope this helps!
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Is your MFP profile set to active or lightly active? It only adjusts for activity above the activity it expects you to have. I keep my MFP profile to sedentary so I get credit for when I am busy, but get not credit if I sit on the couch all day.

Also, make sure your MFP goals and Fitbit setup is the same, i.e. to lose 1lb per week, weight etc. They are never perfect (I always have a slight discrepancy between the sites for how many calories to eat) but it is pretty close.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I just got mine a few days ago & I am a little confused with this stuff as well - Check out the MFP group for Fitbit users - You can find out a whole lot of info in there:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users

We will get the hang of it soon...I HOPE!! :smile:
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!