What work out DVD should I order?

Options
I'd like to order a work out DVD that will kick my butt. Something that is a guarantee to make me slim right down! What do you fellow fitness pals recommend???

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    To start out, I would do the 30 Day Shred. That's what I did and it showed great results!
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing round two of Insanity with P90X, although that's not recommended for those starting out. If you want fast paced insane Insanity is good, it definitely an intense program though.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    P90X! Really tuff at first...but once you're about 2 weeks in you get in the groove and the results are awesome! I'm on week 3, lost 10 pounds, and feel great :) Good luck with whichever you'll pick :)
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Even if your a beginner, Insanity will kick your butt all over the place and tapout xt is very nice too. I started with it on the same day i stopped smoking after 16years, eating bad and heavy drinking for the past years so if i can do it you surely can!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    30 day shred if your just starting. I'm doing ripped in 30 which is harder
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    Im doing 30Day Shred and Insanity. Recommend both highly. The shred is a great place to start.
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Totally recommend 30 Day Shred!! xxx
  • BackinShape001
    Options
    Hi, first try to look at it in long terms, we all want fast but if you don't get fast results you'll get discouraged.

Any of the dvd's mentionned here will work. I just did Insanity and it worked for me, I have now started p90x.

Maybe you could start with 30 day shred (30 days) and then move on to Insanity (60 days) or P90x (90 days)
    Also don't be dependant of your scale, measure yourself and your body fat % ( you can order one from ebay for 2 $)
    because there's a big difference with being 175 and 30% body fat and 175 with 20% body fat.

Most important is what you eat, if you don't change that then your body is not going to change
    good luck
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I recommend Insanity. It's extremely intense cardio that's meant to burn fast quickly. 60 day program... comes with a nutrition guide.. and works. I love it.
  • trina433
    Options
    30 DAY SHRED!!! IT WORKS GREAT
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love any Jillian Michaels DVD. I've done the 30 Day Shred a few times and am on Day 58/90 doing the Body Revolution. Love love love them both!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think the answer to that question would vary greatly depending on how many times per week you wanted to exercise and how long per session. If you could devote approximately one hour a day, six days a week, I would recommend Insanity. It's a great program, and can be modified when you're just starting out. It's also good if you don't have weights at home and don't want to invest in them for whatever reason (lack of funds/space). It uses your body weight to do a lot of the exercises, so you get toned too. If you are looking at a lesser time commitment, then 30 Day Shred or really anything by Jillian Michaels. I love her No More Trouble Zones workout. Good luck to you.
  • amtimmons23
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've ordered 30 day Shred (Should get it Thursday) and my bf is ordering P90X Insanity. I'm excited to get going =) I've also jotted down the names of every DVD recommend by everyone so that I can order those in the future. Thanks again for being such a big help!