frustrating

guido2222
guido2222 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
It's very frustrating when you really concentrate on a week and do everything you think is correct then come weigh-in day - you've lost 1/2lb. :( I know it's a loss still but come on - I busted my butt last week. Makes me wonder if this is all really worth it.

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Don't lose heart - sometimes you will lose 1lb in a week then lose 5 or 6 the next week. If it happens a few times, try to change your diet or your exercise plan. If you start to plateau, you really need to break that as soon as you can. But if it's the first/only time it's happened, I wouldn't worry! :-)
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Will looking at the big picture help? 1/2 lb a week ism26 pounds in a year, and at least its DOWN. Sometimes I just figure the average woman my age gains X pounds a year so even maintenance is a win for me.

Keep on keeping on...you can do it.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Dont get discouraged - think about this a half a pound a week is 12 pounds in 6 months. Some weeks you will have more some less - if you give up you will never know if there is a more week coming.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    It's very frustrating when you really concentrate on a week and do everything you think is correct then come weigh-in day - you've lost 1/2lb. :( I know it's a loss still but come on - I busted my butt last week. Makes me wonder if this is all really worth it.

Take it from me, and I'm sure, countless others, it IS DEFINITELY soooooooooooooo worth it! :bigsmile:
  • thanks everyone! Im still plugging away - I've lost 28-1/2lbs since Sept but its been hard these last couple weeks to stay focused.
This discussion has been closed.