newbie needs lots of encouragement

Options
:happy: Hi , I have just joined, i have spent so much of my life wishing that i was slimmer and occasionally slimming down for an important event only to pile all the weight back on. So this time i am going to take control of my life and try and slim down sensibly so that i can maintain any weight lose. Also need to get more active so am going to try and start walking and going to the outside gym.

Hope to meet friends so that we can support and encourage each other.

Smattie:happy:

Replies

• Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me if you wish you can never have to many friends
  • MzColey
    Options
    Im new to MFP, and have slipped several times on working out but Im now more motivated than ever to acheieve all my weight loss goals..feel free to add me..also if you have a FITBIT it will sync your workouts for you...

Just know you can do this and the first step of Encouraging comes from within.....
  • smattie33
    smattie33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, what is a fit bit?????
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    An electronic pedometer. Measures sleep patterns, steps taken, flights of stairs, distance travelled, calories burned, times activities..

An invaluable tool for both my husband and myself.

Good luck!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like to
  • U2POPGIRL
    Options
    :happy: Hi , I have just joined, i have spent so much of my life wishing that i was slimmer and occasionally slimming down for an important event only to pile all the weight back on. So this time i am going to take control of my life and try and slim down sensibly so that i can maintain any weight lose. Also need to get more active so am going to try and start walking and going to the outside gym.

Hope to meet friends so that we can support and encourage each other.

Smattie:happy:

Right Here with ya!!! Add me if you would like!!!!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • terrim64
    Options
    hi
    walk walk walk that is what i do at work and at home, plus go to the gym at least 3 days a week. you can do this, just have to stay focus and that is what i have been trying to do. i am slacking but the last 3 weeks i have not gained or lost so i guess i am doing fine but want to loose more and shape up. you can add me if you want. we can do this together. good luck and i am sure you will be fine.
    terri :)
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • sunkistmommy
    Options
    you can add me as well!
  • terrim64
    Options
    where do you get one of these tools. sounds like a great one.

thanks. u can add me too
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. :)
  • swmann
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Will accept any FR because you can never have too much encouragement here!
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with gdiaz!!! Can never have too much encouraging words!! Look out here I come!!!
  • ittybittyskinny
    Options
    Add me! :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! Anyone feel free to add me. The more encouragement we can all offer each other the better! I love this site. I find that it really helps me to stay focused and accountable to myself! :flowerforyou:
  • budgerigar
    budgerigar Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Start by taking little steps and before you know it you'll end up somewhere great! Feel free to add me everyone, we all need a boost sometimes.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Plenty of encouragement here! Feel free to add me!
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We all need encouragement! I have been loosing and gaining. I need to accountable...lol! Feel free to add me we can do it together!