Standard Process Purification kit? Any feedback!?

Options
Happy Monday everyone!!!

I have been researching the Standard Processes 21 day purification cleanse....has anyone done this? If So, what are your thoughts? Is it worth it? I am looking for a GREAT cleanse to really re-start my system. :)

Thanks much!

Replies

• ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    or any stanard process products?
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    If anyone has feedback, I'd appreciate it! :D
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What are you looking to "cleanse"? The body does an excellent job of "cleansing" itself. Just treat it right and it will treat you right. There is no "cleanse" as effective as simply eating well.

"The best way to 'detox' the body is simply to let your body do its job. Unless you have a medical problem, your body takes care of itself quite nicely, experts say.

"The liver and kidneys are nature's best-kept secret, because they are the weapons to eliminate toxins from your body," says Gerbstadt. "If you are concerned about certain substances in your diet, it is easier and safer to simply eliminate [those substances] rather than engage in unhealthy detox plans."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology

For more myth-busting info, check out the Unofficial FAQ: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to 'restart' your system? We aren't computers with blue screen errors. Just simply start watching your calories and eating better...cleanses are completely a waste of time.
  • megansmayhem
    megansmayhem Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am doing it right now. I wasted my money. I have to take 30 supplements total a day, eating nothing but fruits and veggies for 10 days before I can add meat back in, and i'm starving. Don't do it. It'd a waste of a lot of money. The only reason I am sticking with it is because I spent so much money on it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are nothing but a waste of money. Your body detoxes itself better than any "cleanse" out there could do.
  • pluckynow
    pluckynow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing it, Mostly to give my body a break from the crap I put in it. I want to clean my diet up
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I am doing it, Mostly to give my body a break from the crap I put in it. I want to clean my diet up

So you're doing it for psychological reasons, and that's great if it helps put you in the proper mindset, but just understand that there is no scientific proof that you are really helping restart your body or remove anything from it that it wouldn't simply remove on its own if you ate quality food and drank plenty of fluids.

A "cleanse" is the equivalent of smoking the rest of the carton when you are giving up smoking. It's a drastic transition that may psychologically assist in making a change for the better. But the action is not beneficial and might be (slightly) harmful. However, if it's a trigger that allows you to start on the road to better eating, you gotta go with what works for you.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I guess I don't understand why the need for some special product and/or supplements to "clean your diet up?" Just limit the junk and control your portion sizes. Eat vegetables, fruits, lean protein, healthy grains (in moderation if you have carb sensitivity), and drink lots of water. Unless you have some sort of medical issue, your liver and kidneys should do the rest of the work.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some sort of medical issue, your liver and kidneys should do the rest of the work.

And for those with medical issues, downing few nutrients and dubious supplements is NOT the way to deal with them.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Many of these "cleanse" programs actually strip the body of it's natural cleansing bacteria and when you go back to your normal diet you're in worse shape than you were before because you no longer have the natural means of digesting your food properly. Save your money and drink water eat lots of fiber instead