Wanted: "whole food" eating friends

Options
I love looking at other's food diary for inspiration and suggestions... I need some friends who are trying to cut out/avoid processed foods, sugar, etc. I spent years eating "diet" foods and it was part of the process for me losing 125 pounds but I no longer believe that is the way to go... I'm much more interested in clean eating, whole foods, Primal/Paleo, etc. Thanks!!

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Other than protein powder, and my one treat (small ice cream sandwich) every day, mine is pretty clean. my diary is open.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can check out mine. Not much processed stuff there but some wine and last week I had dark chocolate but generally I prep or cook everything I eat.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've been slacking on my diary, but I am also eating clean. Add me!
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I eat clean with my treat being some wine on the weekend.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I eat clean too :)
  • seashman
    seashman Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm trying to eat as clean as possible too...feel free to take a look or add me. (Just ignore the last couple days--moving out of town Saturday and trying to revisit some old favorites before then. Much stricter clean eating starts Sunday!)
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm largely "clean", though depends how you define it. I like 'clean but realistic ' which means I try to avoid processed food (bar protein powder), attempt to make clean choices when I eat out (which is a lot), have drastically cut the booze and *try* to avoid grains.

I would love to be completely clean and make all my own meals from scratch but work, life and travel mean we sometimes (often!) make concessions. Add me! :smile:
  • OregonLaurel
    Options
    I'm a big believer in the 80% rule or "aim for B+" mentality... you can't be perfect. You set yourself up for failure. I like "clean but realistic" :)
  • JaimeNJ
    JaimeNJ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I just kind of hop on this bandwagon with you. I love eating clean. I feel so much better when that happens. But I find the full-time work + full-time mom gig too hard to manage sometimes. So I will be super organized during the week and then blow it all on the weekends! Ugh. So frustrating. I believe my diary is open, but if you don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and friend request those of you who are doing this, too.

Thanks!
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I'm trying to eat cleanly as well, although I do slip now and then, particularly when I'm out with friends!