3DS & Gaining?????

Options
OK, I will be the first to admit, I tend to be a slave to that evil torture device the Scale. And, I may be worrying about nothing, but here goes anyway. I am on Day 5 of the 30 Day Shred. I didn't expect to see results immediately. However, each day I have noticed the scale creeping up ever so slightly!!! I am not eating any differently than I was, my water intake is actually a little higher, and the scale is going in the wrong direction! I am enjoying the workout, and do not want to give it up, but I don't want the scale going that direction either!!!! Somebody give me some thoughts on this please!

Replies

• shawnakuipery
    shawnakuipery Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    muscle weight dear :)
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Alot of people gain in the beginning of it, me being one of them. Once you get into week 2 you should start to see the scale go back down. Have you taken your measurements? This workout is one where the measurments are going to show far more than your weight how much progress is being made. I have actually seen a good amount of people who didn't lose weight at all on it, but at the end of the month had lost inches. Stick with it! It usually produces amazing results either way!
  • c_smith_0789
    Options
    Dont worry about it! It can take up to 2 weeks to start seeing results. And it could just be sodium making you retain water. Give it some time! If you are eating right and working out IT WILL COME OFF! You can do it! Keep it up!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles sore? If they are than they are retaining water and that's why you are heavier than normal.

Give it a few weeks and it will start to go down.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles sore? If they are than they are retaining water and that's why you are heavier than normal.

I'm no expert, but this is what I would say. I always see the scale go up for a while when I start a new/harder exercise.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options

^ This. I always gain a little when I start a new exercise. Once your muscles adapt it'll go back down.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are probably sore from starting a new work out. Take measurements and stop worrying about the scale. Scale says I'm gaining. Measurements say I'm losing inches. Inches outweigh scale.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I gained during the first two weeks of 30 Day Shred also. The extra weight plus additional pounds were off by the end of the 30 days. Hang in there!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I read "3DS & Gaming" and got excited :[
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds but lost 2 inches.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Start tracking your measurements, they are better than the evil, tempermental *kitten* of a scale.
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6. Haven't lost much since starting it. Trying to wait one more week to check my measurements. My question is...I am not sore anymore. Was really really sore the first few days...like couldn't go up stairs on sit on toilet sore...now nothing. The workout is still just as hard for me to get through as it was 6 days ago. Are my muscles just used to it already? Should I keep going on level one or skip to level 2. I am worried that if I am not sore at all, I'm not getting much out of it. Opinions?
  • Hermia76
    Options
    I am on day 6. Haven't lost much since starting it. Trying to wait one more week to check my measurements. My question is...I am not sore anymore. Was really really sore the first few days...like couldn't go up stairs on sit on toilet sore...now nothing. The workout is still just as hard for me to get through as it was 6 days ago. Are my muscles just used to it already? Should I keep going on level one or skip to level 2. I am worried that if I am not sore at all, I'm not getting much out of it. Opinions?

Great! You're not sore. I wasn't after about 4 days. Keep going with Level 1 until you hit 10 days (or 'til it becomes more do-able). When you start Level 2 you'll be sore all over again...just in different places. The same will be true of Level 3, I imagine (still on Level 2 here so I don't know).

You probably won't lose much weight (especially if you're not greatly overweight); you should lose inches/centimetres though.
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    I took measurements in the beginning...so I'm crossing my fingers. I have a lot to lose still...but prefer inches over pounds!
  • jellybellyginger
    Options
    I'm not an expert but i read somewhere that after exercising your muscles hold on to water so repair any damage that may have been caused by exercising. Just keep going and like others have said the scales will start going in the right direction.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Is this your first go at circuit or weight exercise?

Muscles can hold onto water when they are first being worked, which leads to a very quick jump on the scales. This should come off after a week or so. Take your measurements, and track those, but know that when you are new to something it takes your body a while to catch up with things!
  • rnhoppe
    Options
    I have been working out for 3 weeks now. Was sore I. The beginning but still losing...now not sore and the scale either stays the same or I gain. :(. Measurements Monday.