so angry at myself!

Options
Hi guys!

Im new here and would to make some friends to help along the way.

A bit about me:

I have a wonderful OH and 2 gorgeous children and I work fulltime. I have always been 'big' but gradually over the past 3 years I have gained over 50lb through a bad diet, stress, moving home etc etc.

Ive sat this afternoon and looked online for help with weightloss. There were so many quick fixes on the internet, tablets, hypnotherapy and then I came across this site.

Im determined to make this work and look stunning on my wedding day (april 2013), so if u would like to add me as a friend that would be great x

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome :flowerforyou:

Don't be angry at yourself - weight creeps on so so easily and it's so easy to be in denial about it (I know I was). I suggest you read this fabulous post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It's a great way to lose weight at a cal level that will work for you without depriving yourself - and help you keep it off imho. I'll send you a friend request.

Good luck - can't wait to see a wedding photo of you looking fab :happy:
  • K3ll0ggs
    K3ll0ggs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Sending a request :happy:
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Dont be angry or upset! Focus on your goal your wedding. Take it one day at a time and you will get there. Start today and do the best you can and well if its not a great day then we will start again tomorrow. That is why we are all here. We need people who know what we are going through and there are a lot of amazing people on here.

I am sending you a friend request
  • SuccessExpress
    Options
    Thanks guys for the lovely welcome, I can see im going to fit in here!

Im sat scrolling the site (and my freezer!) to pull togther some healthy meals for tomorrow! Wish me luck - let the journey to a new me begin! x
  • mem197053rj
    mem197053rj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be angry at your self, I have found the journey of weight loss has been one of the most difficult I have tried. I have been on my fitness pal for 15 days and have lost 6 pounds. I really like the sight, makes calories counting so easy. Anything I have tracked has came up.

I hope it works well for you and I know you can achieve your goal.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Put the anger behind you. Tell yourself, this is a brand new day and it's your time. You have something to look forward to. Let that be a motivation for you. Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as one of your support :D
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    Don't be angry with yourself. You are taking the first step, forget about the past and start new today. I am a single mother of a 3 yr old and work full time. I have had a lot of ups and downs since I became a mother and I tried every fad diet out there. I have been using MFP for a little over 3 weeks now and it is working for me. I think I am finally seeing it as a lifestyle change instead of a "diet". I have found that planning ahead is the only way to make this weight loss happen. I plan my meals a week in advance, so I can get everything in one trip to the store. I plan my workouts (I like to change it up a lot or I get bored) and workout times for the week. I am sending a friend request your way! You can do this!