ladies: lightest all month at TOM?

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
i am wondering how many of you find that when you get your TOM you are your lightest weight all month? why is that? I have been recording my weight of course while i am trying to lose it and i find that each month a day before i get my TOM and up to a few days after it, i am at my all time lowest weight all month? not sure why that is and was wondering if anyone has any answers for that? the rest of the month i always go up a bit and then bounce around.. this seems to be a normal pattern for me...

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Can I trade with you? I think you're going to find the opposite true with many women. I've heard of some women *gaining* up to 5lbs the day before and the first few days of TOM. Then the last day or day after they are back to their *normal* weight. I didn't used to gain or lose until recently - now I go up about 3lbs, but its just water.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i am wondering how many of you find that when you get your TOM you are your lightest weight all month? why is that? I have been recording my weight of course while i am trying to lose it and i find that each month a day before i get my TOM and up to a few days after it, i am at my all time lowest weight all month? not sure why that is and was wondering if anyone has any answers for that? the rest of the month i always go up a bit and then bounce around.. this seems to be a normal pattern for me...

Finally someone else with the same pattern as me! Everyone talks about TOM being the heaviest because of water retention but I find I gain a bit in the week before but lose it all back and then some at TOM! Thanks for posting - nice not to feel quite so abnormal!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never noticed a change during mine, ever, until this most recent time. I've gone up a couple of pounds. Quite frankly, I'd rather be at my best weight NOT during it. Or just never fluctuate due to it.
  • lin7604
    Options

Finally someone else with the same pattern as me! Everyone talks about TOM being the heaviest because of water retention but I find I gain a bit in the week before but lose it all back and then some at TOM! Thanks for posting - nice not to feel quite so abnormal!
    same here! pretty much everyone i know will gain about 5 lbs a day before and will last till a few days after their cycle. For me i have noticed i will gain 1 week prior and then by the time it is about to come i am at my lowest weight. then that will stick till i am done and then i will fluctuate up and down the rest of the month. I though it was strange that a day before i get min i am lower as as the month goes by my weight will go up a bit... glad it's only water but still find it strange that during the time i have it, i am a lower weight. just didn't knwo why that woudl be when so many seem to be their heaviest during it?
  • Lindse121
    Lindse121 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about this, too, and glad I found the posting! A friend at work told me she can gain up to 5 lbs. during that time! I have mine right now and am up a few. I am just -hoping- that is what it is!! I have my Weight Watchers at work weigh-in tomorrow morning, and I really do not want to have gained! Aack! I guess there's nothing I can do about it, but it's good to know I'm not alone!!
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same here, but it was not the case before I was on BCP. I used to be a standard 5-lb-TOM-bloater. I am on a low-estrogen pill and my "off" week has me down at least a couple pounds below my "on" weeks.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! Everyone is always complaining about gaining weight during TOM, but I always weigh less during mine. Weird.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'll trade with you! Last week I went up 8 lbs within a day. That is a new record for me!
    On the other hand, nothing compares with the happiness I feel after TOM when it all suddenly comes down to pre-TOM weight! :tongue:
  • TBoom915
    TBoom915 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Finally! I was starting to think I was weird. I am at my lightest a day before TOM, but I do gain after and when I gain it can be up to 10 lbs/month.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The day before or the day I start is the lowest I'll weigh all month. 2 days after I'm all done....3# up usually! Grrrrr... :grumble:
  • mommyrox05
    Options

I am lighter the day before and the first 2 days of my TOM. And then when I ovulate I am always up a lb or 2. But usualy go back to my normal weight (at maintinance) a few days after I'm done. So weird. I dunno why that is eather!
  • IrenieL
    IrenieL Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    not me .. I can count on at least 5lbs extra at TOM. I avoid the scale !!!!
  • lin7604
    Options
    that can be me too, i am always the lowest a day before and during my whole cycle, then once it's done i will gain... so i never know if i should log that weight as i don't know if it's a real true weight. it's sure nice to see the scale drop but since it mostly doesn't stick it seems like false hope. ...
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    I think this will vary a lot. I maybe put on a pound where as my sister bloats a lot with water retention and probably goes up a cup size as well as having a slightly swollen stomach.

My TOM is controlled by the pill which definitely helped my regularity and like most people I tend to try and avoid the scales that week.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My weight is the same way... I am so glad to know that I am not alone. This is the first time I've ever met another woman that didn't complain about gaining during TOM...makes me feel normal!! :blushing:
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have been seeing a pattern that you might find interesting.

First, I weigh every single morning at the same time. I also have an app called Pink Pad for TOM tracking. There are a few days where it is showing little flowers and one big flower. This is the most fertile time. Okay with that said, about ten days from TOM is the biggest weight gains, most obviously water. My best guess is that our bodies are preparing the body to the best flowering bed. wink wink

Next, is that during TOM my weight is lower. Obviously the shedding of the unused flower bed. The difference is that we don't feel so great so it confuses the mind when you're cramping and all bloated. By weighing every day, I am gaining insight into my own body that I never understood - but I'm an analytical type person with a preference to visual input.

The picture was clear as could be on this one. I hope it makes sense.
  • ninjapdx
    ninjapdx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Finally people like me :) I thought I might have been going crazy reading all the posts about people that gain during their TOM when I'm the opposite. My weight loss graph shoots down during my TOM and generally doesn't go up much afterwards.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm always MUCH heavier 2.5kgs usually that any other time during that time of the month.
    Arrrgh... I would like to swap too.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. I gain like 5 pounds!
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that! My TOM starts in 2 hours.. (yes it does have exact timings!) I go so bloated few days before and then goes on the last day (I've gained 2" :noway: )
    All the weight goes though (luckily) :smile: