tracking miles

Options
Do you have a favorite way or site that you use to track you miles running/walking/biking? I used to use a site that tracked your progress across the USA but I can't find it :sad:

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I use mapmyrun.com, I have the app on my phone so it logs all my runs and then I can go online later and get details.
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone or I phone the Nike app tracks by using gps, but you would have to hold your phone while you run or walk, it also will tell you how far you have gone at 1/4 mile intervals it makes running more fun, you can listen to music while you run.
    Amy Lynn
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I use Endomondo. There is a free version and a pro version. The free version is awesome!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I use the endomondo app. I love it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I use the Runkeeper app now, but when I only had a stupidphone, I plotted my course on their website.
  • Modcom
    Options
    I have a Android phone and use Sports Tracker, great app...
  • msprouse8
    msprouse8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use the Runkeeper app now, but when I only had a stupidphone, I plotted my course on their website.

This.....oh and I still plot that way as I still have a stupidphone..haha! I also have the Nike App on my Ipod that helps me map the correct work out times and min/mile
  • I use the Cardio Trainer app on my phone to calculate distance, speed and time but record it on MFP. I don't trust the speed tracker on the app so I usually ignore that and calculate my speed using distance and time. (=
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use DailyMile.com. The website syncs with my Garmin watch and also with the Nike system, so it makes it easy to track. But you can also use the site to map out a course to figure out how far you went. You can track just about any type of workout, but I've found it to be handy when tracking miles because it'll give you how many miles you've gone in the year and you can view a chart to see your miles each week...it's pretty cool! :smile:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

Best online log available, IMHO.
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    RUNMETER has been my most reliable APP. Also, RUNMETER stores everything locally on your phone unlike other APPS. I use it to track my runs, or any other activity, on my phone, and then I upload the info to MAP MY RUN (MMR). The MMR APP in my experience is not reliable or accurate, at least for the iPhone.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Google in "google maps pedometer" and you can find a great site that allows you to track your route and gives you the mileage. I also just downloaded a free app to my iPhone "map my dogwalk," that uses GPS for mileage calculations, and it's pretty good too - I've used it on walking trails that don't really show up on google maps.
  • melb2003
    Options
    i like mapmyrun and I use run keeper app on my phone. Those are the best for me.
  • camrunner
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

That looks pretty good. I've just been writing it on the white board on my fridge, but I can see that this site would have a little bit more functionality.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

That looks pretty good. I've just been writing it on the white board on my fridge, but I can see that this site would have a little bit more functionality.

I've been using it for several years. It has some powerful reporting capabilities. I'm a numbers guy. I like it.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

I've been using it for several years. It has some powerful reporting capabilities. I'm a numbers guy. I like it.
    Wow, that site seems fabulous. I can't believe I didn't know about it yet!! Thanks so much guys.
    I've been using the runnersworld one, which is fine, but the analysis and reports seem much better on runningahead.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    www.runningahead.com

Wow, that site seems fabulous. I can't believe I didn't know about it yet!! Thanks so much guys.
    I've been using the runnersworld one, which is fine, but the analysis and reports seem much better on runningahead.

Runners World actually bought the base code from the developer of RunningAhead.com. The guts are essentially the same, but the users of RunningAhead get more bells and whistles and constant updates.
  • ixap
    Options
    aha! very cool. thanks!
  • ixap
    Options
    OK this is weird -- I guess I used to use runningahead! I tried to "join" and it said I already had an account... sure enough, there are a bunch of my workouts from 2 years ago. These kids of mine must have zapped some of my brain cells.