Weight loss rewards.

Options
I have just set a new goal for myself and I think the reward will be a great pusher. I have decided if I can lose 50 pounds by next June I am going to get my whole shoulder tattooed. It is something that I have wanted for a long time but I have never felt comfortable enough with my upper arms to wear tank tops. If I had a beautiful tattoo on my shoulder I would definitely want to show it off. So in order for that to happen I need to lose weight. I am currently at 201 pounds. I think I would be my most comfortable at 150 pounds so that is my reward to myself.

What are your motivational rewards?

Replies

• slfarrar
    Options
    I'm also aiming to be 145-150. My reward will be a belly ring :)
  • ellyinflight
    Options
    Mine is almost always clothing :P I have two reward systems in life, I get tattooed when I get through a crisis, and I get clothing when I lose weight! When I get to my goal weight (or goal size, whichever comes first!) I'm buying a galaxy printed dress. I'm also just really looking forward to losing weight in general because it means I'll be able to show off my 3/4 sleeve tattoo without being embarrassed about my flabby arms, so that's a reward in itself!
  • chizumlassstar
    chizumlassstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to get by belly button pierced but always thought that it wouldn't look good with me being overweight. I also always thought that a tattoo around my belly button would be cool to. Probably just go with the ring though. I don't know how my skin is going to react to weight loss. So far so good but I have a ways to go before I'm even in one-derland. Keep up the great work everyone, and remember, this didn't happen overnight and its not going to go away over night eitherl. :heart:
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight, I'm immediately going to treat myself to a photo shoot with a professional photographer! Already planning outfits, lol. I'm thinking pin up girl motif. ;)
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is almost always clothing :P I have two reward systems in life, I get tattooed when I get through a crisis, and I get clothing when I lose weight! When I get to my goal weight (or goal size, whichever comes first!) I'm buying a galaxy printed dress. I'm also just really looking forward to losing weight in general because it means I'll be able to show off my 3/4 sleeve tattoo without being embarrassed about my flabby arms, so that's a reward in itself!

I never thought about it this way before, but I did get a full back piece tattoo after living through a major crisis/crappy time several years ago. And I always get myself new workout clothes when I drop some weight. I do enjoy the idea that I can show off the tattoo a little more when I'm in good shape. :)
  • willowdancer
    Options
    My weight loss rewards/goals are every 10 pounds I lose I do a photo shoot with one of my friends who is a photographer. A big goal of mine is to be able to model the chainmaille bikinis and costumes that I make for display on my deviantart gallery and website and this reward caters to that goal. Also when I can do pull ups and chin ups I am going to take pole dancing classes! I've always wanted to but always felt too fat and that I didn't have enough body strength to be graceful or proficient at any of the postures (or whatever they might be called). I have lots of goals so hopefully I will get lots of rewards out of losing weight and body building!

Like, I wanna go to a beach and see the ocean for the first time, but I don't want any negative body image issues to make it less of an awesome experience. And about a million other small but personally significant things.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm not the tattoo type, so I'm currently working toward a reward of new black boots for fall.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For my halfway mark I will get a haircut and dye it a darker brown colour. When I reach my ultimate goal weight, I want to go on a jean shopping spree :)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    I have just set a new goal for myself and I think the reward will be a great pusher. I have decided if I can lose 50 pounds by next June I am going to get my whole shoulder tattooed. It is something that I have wanted for a long time but I have never felt comfortable enough with my upper arms to wear tank tops. If I had a beautiful tattoo on my shoulder I would definitely want to show it off. So in order for that to happen I need to lose weight. I am currently at 201 pounds. I think I would be my most comfortable at 150 pounds so that is my reward to myself.

What are your motivational rewards?

my goal is to be down to 200 by October 31st. If I do it, my reward will be getting my nape repierced :)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    My daughter has decided to draw my tattoo for me. I am thinking some bright flowers and butterflies on my shoulder. Gladiolas (I think I spelled that wrong) are the flower for the month of August which is when I was born. They come in a variety of colors and are really pretty. Add some butterflies to that. I think it will turn out really nice.