A Little Daily Excercise Commitment: Let's hear It!

Options
Sometimes I feel like when I tell others I'm going to do something, I actually follow through instead of just saying to myself "well it's not like you'll be letting anyone down. No one even knew you were planning to exercise".

So, today when I get home from work, I'm going to lace up my running shoes, put my son in the jogging stroller and go for at least a 45 minute walk along the trails by my house. Now I've got it out there, and when I get home today, I'm on it!

What will you commit to doing today?

Replies

• northernbeaver
    Options
    My wife and I have signed up for the World CP challenge. Starting today we are pledging to take at least 10,000 steps everyday till the end of September. so far on my lunch break I went to the gym and walked on a treadmill for 30 minutes. this will keep me active and doing something everyday for the month of September and it is for a good cause. the funds I raise will go towards research for Cerebral Palsy.
  • wakie27
    Options
    This is a great idea!

I'm going to cheat a little with my commitment today, as it's something that I have an appointment set up for, so I hope it counts :) I won a free personal training session at my gym (30 minutes), so I'm going there tonight.
  • mrsdutra07
    Options
    Great job! I know if we "pledge" to do it, we will actually get it done! I'll be thinking of you when I go for my walk tonight :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've decided that September is 30 days of 30 minutes... doesn't matter *WHAT* I do, but I have to do something physical for at least 30 minutes every day. No excuses. Trails, hiking, biking, running, golf, Zumba, Kinect... there are no reasons for me to not be active every day.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Tonight I have a walk-run planned with my best friend, and that will be probably about an hour. I also pledge to do some ab work and stretching when i get home from work (I'm supposed to do a bunch of stretched every day for my back injury but have slacked off lately).