Michigan People... Where are you??

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Born in Berrien Springs. Lived in Berrien Springs, St. Joe, Stevensville, Bridgman, Battle Creek, Union City, Sherwood, Millington (Flint/Saginaw area), Traverse City, and Kalkaska. Also spent a couple of summers in northern Wisconsin about thirty minutes from Iron Mountain, MI in the U.P. Transplanted to Upsate South Carolina in 1997.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Grand Rapids, Michigan checking in here. Have lived her my entire adult life, but was raised in Naples, Fla. I see several GR posts! Yeah, Grand Rapids. I live near Riverside Park and work downtown.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Howell, MI here :happy: Lived in MI all my life.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Cadillac, Mi my entire life. Thats about 1 hour south of Traverse City and 1 1/2 hours north of Grand Rapids.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    4 years in Auburn Hills
    14 years in Troy
    4 years in East Lansing
    15 years in Birmingham
    5 years in Connecticut

Still consider myself a Michigander!
  • InfiniteEcho
    InfiniteEcho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Davison and lived in Houghton way up in the UP and moved to Chi-town from Traverse City. I miss seeing the Great Lakes everyday : (
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Michigan representin' :tongue:
    Westland born, raised, and raising my own family here. Born east side, living west side.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm a yooper :-) Far western edge of the UP in a little town called Bessemer.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    staying safe in Flint.

Have things been improving there at all? I used to live in the area when I was in high school. My sister in law's younger brother was shot and killed in Flint about a year and a half ago.
  • pennstatealum2000
    Options
    I grew up in Troy, went to Pennsylvania for college and now live in MD. Michigan will always be home though.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Started off in Oscoda when I was little, moved to Standish for high school years (just north of Pinconning), now in the pretty little tourist trap of East Tawas. Love it here!
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I'm a yooper :-) Far western edge of the UP in a little town called Bessemer.

Where in relation to Iron Mountain?
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I too am from Michigan, ... been signing into this place almost 500 days in a row now. I am officially addicted to MFP, ... and I'm loving every minute of being healthy :) ...
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    Kalamazoo here :)
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ann Arbor here. Always looking to friend more Michigan people. Feel free to add me.
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I moved to Holland about 22 yrs ago, spent 10yrs there. Moved to Allegan, spent 10yrs there and now Im in Grandville, been here for about 2yrs. Im not originally from Michigan but am consider myself a Michigander now.
  • NikkiLS28
    Options
    Lived in eastern Muskegon county for the first 18 years of my life (parents are still there). Spent a year in Marquette, 1 in Holland, 3 in Grand Rapids, 1.5 in Kalamazoo, and now I've been in Essexville (just east of Bay City) for the last six months.

I did spend a year each in SW Virginia and Pensacola, Florida, but Michigan is my home fo' sho' :)
  • prlawrie
    Options
    I live in Marshall but I grew up in Northville. I gotta start using this site more!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm right here! And I'm a Sally too~ who knew? :laugh: I currently live in Kentwood/Grand Rapids. Born and went through high shcool in Manistee..'bout an hour south of Traverse City, right on the big lake. My husband and both sons are on MFP..one son lives in Holland, works in Grand Haven (as does my husband) other son lives in West, by God, Virginia.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am here!! ( waving hands in air!!) Sitting at my desk at work in the lovely picturesque town of Owosso! Home of the prided Curwood Castle!