Breakfast/snack Ideas....help!

Options
Hi MFP's. So..........I'm running out of Breakfast/snack Ideas. I need something good, quick and healthy. I try to make breakfast for my Hubby and I every morning. However I find myself either not getting full or starving about an hr later. I have a desk job and I know if I was more active I wouldn't get as hungry as I do. Also I do try to eat snacks through out the day. I've been slacking here lately and now it's time I get back on track. I don't necessarily need "on-the-go", I don't mind cooking. :)

Replies

• Culley34
    Options
    I do a Chobani yogurt and one fruit -- whether it be a handful of grapes, a banana, or an apple.

Also, if you feel yourself getting hungry - try to drink more water.
    Hi MFP's. So..........I'm running out of Breakfast/snack Ideas. I need something good, quick and healthy. I try to make breakfast for my Hubby and I every morning. However I find myself either not getting full or starving about an hr later. I have a desk job and I know if I was more active I wouldn't get as hungry as I do. Also I do try to eat snacks through out the day. I've been slacking here lately and now it's time I get back on track. I don't necessarily need "on-the-go", I don't mind cooking. :)
  • rllewell
    Options
    My two favorite breakfasts that fill me up are 1) oatmeal with nuts, dried fruit, blueberries, etc with a little almond or rice milk. 2) Frozen mixed fruit (Costco) with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.
  • tship74
    Options
    Eat some protein and fiber. It will make you feel full longer. I love a couple boiled eggs and some oatmeal. Quick and easy to make. I even boil the eggs the night before.
  • Jenbeanz
    Options
    How about good old scrambled eggs??
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Love breakfast burritos if I have time! (eggs, chicken, spinach and cheese)

Easy breakfast for us is greek yogurt with fruit and a piece of toast or some oatmeal.
    Sometimes I will make a batch of protein pancakes or some healthy muffins.

Check out pinterest for some great ideas!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Try something you might eat later in the day, you don't necessarily have to eat the standard breakfast foods for breakfast.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

My go to is anything with nut butters...usually all natural peanut butter, though this week I got cashew butter (delish!)

A sandwich thin (100 calories and you can get them in multigrain or whole wheat) with some peanut/nut butter
    Small apple with nut butter
    Crackers with nut butter
    Peanut butter with Peanut butter....huh? What?
  • lhorton84
    lhorton84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    im going to bump, as i also strugglw with breakfast :smile:
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Real Simple had an article a couple months ago about awesome snack ideas in their magazine. I did a quick search, and some of these look similar (or they might even be the same): http://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/nutritious-snacks-00000000018150/page3.html
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and a tblespn of jam ( 150/ 70 / 50 cals)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I usually have breakfast at around 6:15am and get to work at 8am. Then snack around 10am. I stay full until right before I snack. I typically have half a cup of dry oats with water, 1 cup of a fruit mixed in (had blueberries today), and sometimes 1/4 cup walnuts. The oats never fail to keep me full and they're quick.
  • charl_hcafc
    Options
    I have 40 or 50g of granola (my favourite brand is 'Jordan's') with 80g or so of vanilla voghurt, or I'll have an omelette (4 whites 2 yolks) with cheese in, both fill me up and keep me going until lunch so I don't really experiment with anything else!
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i

My go to is anything with nut butters...usually all natural peanut butter, though this week I got cashew butter (delish!)

Lol... My quick read thru read ... " my go to is NUTTERBUTTERS". The cookie.... Lol. Would be yum but wouldn't last long before my stomach would be growling for more.
  • TXBecki
    Options
    Larabars or protein bars are great snacks, and can be part of a breakfast as well. They are super easy, cheap, and don't have to be refrigerated. Another quick tips is to cook your bacon or turkey sausage on a Sunday, and then all you have to do is heat up a serving each morning. Other snacks: nuts, trail mix, etc...stuff with protein because it fills you up better. And like the other posters said - try foods that aren't typically known as breakfast foods and drink LOTS of water.
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    MSeel1984 - ONE Tablespoon of Adams peanut butter = 100 cals. Add it to your thin toast and you are up to 200 already.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have such a problem with yogurt....I love it, but I really HATE blowing half of my daily sugar allotment on one tiny cup of yogurt. I try to stick to eggs (2 whites with one yolk, scrambled) with some turkey sausage and maybe a little fruit for breakfast.

I keep celery sticks, cucumber slices, snow peas and sugar snap peas to snack on during the day....I find that I actually crave these veggies now...esp. the peas!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I find a breakfast sandwhich keeps me full for hours. I use a high fiber english muffin or bagel flat (toasted) and top with either scrambled egg beaters or egg whites. I love to add a little Old Bay or Sriracha to the egg whites. You can add cheese, ham/bacon/sausage, veggies, whatever you like. I eat that - get a ton of my protein in and don't think about lunch for hours.

I often also have a skim latte in the morning, too - which provides a decent addition of protein & calcium (and caffeine!).

I love to snack on raw veggies now - grape tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber, red pepper, etc.
  • nicolewood415
    nicolewood415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I found a great recipe from a blog (can't remember which) that is quick and easy. It's a breakfast "muffin" that you can make in a mug. All it takes is: 1/4 cup dry oats, dash of cinnamon, teaspoon of brown sugar (or you can use agave nectar), 1 egg, a dash of milk and half a handful of your favorite fruit. Mix the dry ingredients in the mug, add the egg and milk, mix it up and finally add your favorite fruit. Put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. One of my favorites is peach and raisin, and banana isn't too bad either. I use whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have on hand. It's delicious and holds you for awhile.