I keep coming back...

Options
I gain weight I lose weight. I had a lot of serious changes this year. I had back surgery and then lost my job. I split up with my husband. I moved in with my sister. I decided to change careers and then I moved to an apartment by myself for the first time!

I hadn't weighed or paid attention for months. I've been preoccupied to say the least. When I went back to eating healthy. When I went back to tracking. I feel better about myself. I lost a little weight right away. I had been beating myself up over the size change. I was shocked how quickly I went from a size 10 to a size 14. I promised myself I'd never BE a size 14 again! Luckily I saved two pair of dress slacks. I hadn't been that size in quite a few years. I guess this has been a reality check.

Anyway I'm back. I'm better. I'm motivated. Finally...

Replies

• amassingill
    Options
    The fact is...you came back! That is what matters and as long as you stay motivated, you'll be a new you in no time! :smile:
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Thanks I really need the encouragement. My whole life has changed and I want to change with it. :)
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You have been through a lot this year. I went through a difficult divorce too and it was a very stressful time in my life. Just think of it as a new beginning and a fresh start to do whatever you want to do. Sometimes change is good. You are going to be okay. Don't be so hard on yourself. The weight will come off and you know how to do it. There is plenty of support here to help you along the way. I am sending you a friend request in case you need some extra support.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oh to be a size 14 again. Glad you are back after such a rough year.!
  • JLand918
    Options
    I wanted to say that its not just women who go through things even us men do, myself I found the best results for my weight loss to be working a normal 8 hr day job then workout at gym 3 nights a week. But now all of that dynamic changed I went from being down to 220 up to 256.
  • ebonyseyesinc
    Options
    I am so glad you have come back... I myself have been up and down this weight loss roller coaster but I have come to the conclusion that I cannot give up. I have always had the ability to self start my problem comes in on finishing, but I made a decision on Sept 1st 2012 that I will have a great ending to this year. I will overcome in this area of weight loss and I will see results. I will send you a friend request and anyone else can send me one so that we can be helpers one to another. Always remember the bible states that he that begun a good work in you shall complete it!

Much love and success

Ebony:wink:
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Oh to be a size 14 again. Glad you are back after such a rough year.!

I've actually been a lot bigger than that in my 30's. I guess in my head I should be a size 12 or smaller. I just physically feel better. When I'm size 14 and beyond it makes my back hurt. I just don't feel as comfortable. Everyone has their own goal but your comment really gave me food for thought. *hugs*
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    My honey and best friend lost 108 pounds. I know he's really struggled with weight. He's my hero and mentor.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    I am so glad you have come back... I myself have been up and down this weight loss roller coaster but I have come to the conclusion that I cannot give up. I have always had the ability to self start my problem comes in on finishing, but I made a decision on Sept 1st 2012 that I will have a great ending to this year. I will overcome in this area of weight loss and I will see results. I will send you a friend request and anyone else can send me one so that we can be helpers one to another. Always remember the bible states that he that begun a good work in you shall complete it!

Much love and success

Ebony:wink:

Love the biblical quote and I am going to share it! :)
  • lucindasun
    Options
    She Ra,

I'm just back too, was so busy all summer, doing renos to sell my house, crazy busy at work and enjoying too much beer and wine, and no aquacise all seasong, but I'm back. Just roasted a whole cauliflower and made a big grapefruit salad, and 20 minutes of excercise. I feel better already.
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    She Ra,

I'm just back too, was so busy all summer, doing renos to sell my house, crazy busy at work and enjoying too much beer and wine, and no aquacise all seasong, but I'm back. Just roasted a whole cauliflower and made a big grapefruit salad, and 20 minutes of excercise. I feel better already.

I really need to do aquacise again. It's so good for you. Makes you feel wonderful. I just moved and I need to find a place that has it. :)
  • ebonyseyesinc
    Options
    anytime