COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS... NOW THAT YOUR TEAMS HAVE PLAYED

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

I love our defense for the most part. Quite concerned about our offense. Basically the usual feelings for a fan of my team.

Watching all the games I had, I would probably place Bama right ahead of USC. A lot of teams it seemed from watching the games, had a case of the "first game blues" which made it quite clear why teams usually try to schedule "gimme" games for the opener.

Yeah...let's not talk about Bama. Lol. Huge Michigan fan here. I knew they were going to beat MIchigan, but it was still painful to watch. Still, I can't wait for this weekend!!!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It was a brutal start to the season. However, I am still standing behind my team. No matter how bad it is this year.

Go Blue!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There was definitely some "first game something" going on between Clemson and Auburn. I am proud MY CLEMSON TIGERS ended up being the team that picked up out of that nonsene long enough to grab the win!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    though I am going to enjoy TAMU get their butt whipped in the SEC...

:drinker:
  • wave143j
    wave143j Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The opponent wasn't a "gimmie" but clearly not on the same level, so everything probably looked better than they actually were.

The offense looked good...it was very efficient. But that was to be expected with so many returning starters. My main concern going in was the defense because there is a new coordinator and a new scheme, and new players. They looked okay, not great. I would have liked a little more QB pressure. But, with an off week upcoming and a "gimmie" after that - perhapes they can work out some things before starting play in a new conference.

My fiance is a WVU alum, and was really angry when I left out WVU looking great... But honestly I won't be able to say much about the team until they start conference play. While Marshall wasn't a total gimme, it was a game you were supposed to win by atleast a few touchdowns.
    I will say, I wish VT had your offense. It's always SO fun to watch.

Go 'Neers!!!!! Love my WVU! My husband has gotten me on a Nebraska Cornhuskers bandwagon too though and they didn't do bad at all on Saturday.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited about this season....

RTR!!!

I was a bit disappointed in the 3rd quarter, I'm sure Saban gave them the ole '60 min' speech in the locker room. ;-)
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The Sooners have some work to do. But Landry looked a lot more mobile and the pass D looked a lot better than in any game last year. Stills was the only receiver on the team that was there last year, so the new guys will just take a little time. For several of them, it was their first college game. And Brown has only been in Norman for about a month (from Penn State), so he'll improve quickly too. FAMU this weekend and then a bye week before the conference opener against K-State. That should be enough time to get some of the kinks worked out. Walker should be back this week, he is our best DT. Our other DT should be back soon too. That'll help the run defense out.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    As a Bama fan, I have to say that I was quite pleased with the outcome of their game. I was expecting a win, but I wasn't expecting it to be in the fashion that it was.... I thought it would be a much closer and harder fought game.

There's room for improvement, especially on defense... but they are young and hopefully they'll continue to get better with each and every game. They'll have to, because they've got a rather nasty road schedule this year.

Roll Tide!
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was fairly pleased. Strong defense and the offense has pulled it together more so than they have in several seasons. Finally a little intensity!! We will see how it goes Saturday - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

GO BIG ORANGE!
  • glengiles
    Options
    ^^ GO VOLS!!!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Initial thoughts -
    Glad to get out of Atlanta with a win. Auburn is always tough, and I had no idea what to expect from my team -- three new starters on the O-Line and 6 new starters on defense, including a new D Coordinator usually spells disaster.

However, the offensive line looked fantastic against what will likely be one of the better front 7's Clemson will face this season. 320 total yards rushing is nothing to slouch on, and Ellington racking up 231 was beastly. And the offense was pretty good without Sammy Watkins in the lineup, another good thing, but we seemed to lack the over-the-top threat without him. The dropped passes almost killed us a couple times. Even Nuk Hopkins dropped a couple, and he's usually sure handed. We'll blame that on first game jitters and see how they do over the next 2 weeks.

I was also impressed with the D-Line and the LB corps, especially late in the game. Defensive back, however, is going to be a liability and teams with a better passing offense (read as FSU, supposedly NC State and SCAR) will likely cause us fits. Better bring the big guns on offense those weeks as it's likely to be a shoot-out.

Now that the "big opener" is behind us, I'm ready for my Tiggers to take on the cupcakes everyone else got this past week and work the rest of the kinks out. 3 weeks until FSU, they better be ready.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    That being said.. we didnt really play a "real" team, so i guess we shall see where we lie this weekend.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    though I am going to enjoy TAMU get their butt whipped in the SEC...

Apparently that wasn't the case - WHOOP!