Cinnamon..??..

Options
Okay so i have been reading on cinnamon. Now I read on one thread that it can help your diet if you eat 500mg for breakfast, 1000mg for lunch and 500 mg for dinner. Now if I am correct that is less than a tsp every meal, right? Has anyone else heard of this? Could I just eat a tsp of cinnamon once a day..with a meal ofcourse lol.

Just looking to see if anyone has any knowledge on this..THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :smile:

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I know it's good for people w/diabetes. As for diet help...I'd like to know too.
  • _granola
    Options
    You mean help you lose weight? No.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes. try eating a big spoonful of cinnamon at every meal. it has really helped me out!!!
  • syllables
    syllables Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could probably eat it by the teaspoon if you were so inclined. It would probably be not the most pleasant experience. I take it with meals (in capsule form) and I have seen a pretty strong correlation with losing weight a bit faster. I also have PCOS and use it as an alternative to metformin, so your mileage may vary.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    there is some evidence that it helps with blood sugar but that doesn't mean weight loss will result.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yes. try eating a big spoonful of cinnamon at every meal. it has really helped me out!!!

please do this.
  • embercakez
    Options

please do this.

& record it.
  • sionnain
    Options

please do this.

and then film it, and put it on youtube.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It can increase your metabolism. For diabtetics (and everyone, I guess) it helps your body metabolize sugars more effectively. I take them (in capsule form) every now, but not with every meal. Also make sure the ingredients say "cassia" on them.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options

please do this.

I agree with this
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The main benefit of cinnamon is to improve uptake of glucose from the blood stream by increasing the activity of insulin.

It makes cells more insulin sensitive so that the cells uptake the sugar in the blood stream better, thereby decreasing blood glucose levels.

As far as overall health for a non diabetic person, I have not heard such things.

I'm always very suspicious of supplements that make these kinds of claims.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant and I believe has been shown to speed metabolism. And it tastes yummy.

I don't know if it works, but it won't hurt you to try it.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options

please do this.

Also if you drink water WITH the cinnamon then you don't get any weight loss benefits. Also you have to post a link to the youtube video here on the forum... or else you won't see any weight loss benefits. #truth
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i put a bunch of cinnamon in my protein shakes once...to much i guess and it made me weak and light headed...when i looked it up to much will do that so becareful
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You could sprinkle it on food, there have been promising results with Cinnamon and blood sugar stabilization. I hope you know that the spoon full people are "Cinnamon Challenge" Trolls. Cinnamon is has a "hot" spiciness to it, and is anhydrous (meaning it resists mixing with water), so eating a spoonful is a very bad idea, and could possibly cause choking or minor chemical burns in your lungs. I would either sprinkle on food--great on oatmeal--or take capsules. They're usually pretty cheap at the pharmacy.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My wife read that the type of cinnamon is important as well. Asian cinnamon, like the Saigon Cinnamon from Costco, it the best for metabolic boost.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You could sprinkle it on food, there have been promising results with Cinnamon and blood sugar stabilization. I hope you know that the spoon full people are "Cinnamon Challenge" Trolls. Cinnamon is has a "hot" spiciness to it, and is anhydrous (meaning it resists mixing with water), so eating a spoonful is a very bad idea, and could possibly cause choking or minor chemical burns in your lungs. I would either sprinkle on food--great on oatmeal--or take capsules. They're usually pretty cheap at the pharmacy.

awwww.... she caught us... haha... :P

yea search "cinnamon challenge" on youtube. you'll see what we mean... #sohilariousthough
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    cinnamon = YUK!!! I can't stomach it. Wouldn't mind trying it it's health benefits but, i'll just have to pass!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Alls I know is that cinnamon increases blood flow and tastes delicious.
    I put that *kitten* on everything.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    cinnamon = YUK!!! I can't stomach it. Wouldn't mind trying it it's health benefits but, i'll just have to pass!

I don't believe you're a real person. Who doesn't like cinnamon??? lol

Seriously, though, they make it in supplement/pill form so you can get them benefits without the taste if you're so inclined.