Workouts for home or in your room

Options
Hi there

I am not good at sit ups. I do about 10 and my stomach hurts and i feel sick,

Does anybody have any other exercises or routine ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• pslewis1
    pslewis1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me personally it's about starting small. So I take the ids swimming muck about for most of the session then try and do a length of the pool, i'll try and increase the distance as I go along. At home I make sure I walk the dog (instead of driving him to an area he can run, yeah I know driving the dog for a walk). So if 10 sit ups hurt start with 5 and just keep doing 5 for a couple of weeks then try 6 for a coule of weeks etc. However be cautious, if any amount of sit ups hurt there may be an under laying cause for this and your GP should be consulted. Does that help? Ignore it if I'm rambling,
    Paul.
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    squats!!! 20 reps 3 times!!
  • leeh10
    leeh10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeh this is great

thanks
  • macijojo
    Options
    hey i go on youtube and do Denise Austin Ultimate Fat Burn Workout, its 20mins long the steps look easy but they make you work up a sweat and she tackles the stomach area
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You want an ab workout without situps? Try doing planks. Hold for 30 seconds or as long as you can stand it. Also, you could do punches, kicks, jumping jacks, running in place, jump rope if you have enough room. There are plenty of exercise DVDs out there that don't involve a single crunch (or you could do what you can and skip the rest). You can do it!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got a recumbant bike for my house. I find that I exercise more and more often at home than trying to get to a gym. I pace myself by the TV show that I turn on at the time. That, to me, helps the workout go faster than sitting there watching the timer on the bike.
  • lovelivia
    Options
    You'd be better off with any of the fitness videos that's already programmed for a time so you don't have to think about what combos you might need to do to change things up. It depends on what areas you want to target also I guess so you can look for it first in Amazon so you can see which videos have the highest rating and reviews and go from there. I'm doing these Brazilian Butt Lift and they are really effective and I love it a lot. Leandro's videos are high-energy, low-impact which is nice because the only space I have to do these exercises is in the living room and I don't disturb other people in the household when doing so.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I do the C25K at home, just walking/jogging in place. I also do crunches, push-ups, and a variety of leg lifts, in addition to resistance bands. No fancy/expensive equipment.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Are you a member of Pinterest? There are tons of at-home workout ideas on there. Also, I hear that Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is on Youtube for free and you can do that at home too.