INSANITY!!!!!

Options
Hey sexy people! I'm wanting to start INSANITY again looking for people to keep me going! Any takers? Who wants to do it with me. I'm doing week one this week, but plan on doing week 1 twice to ease in so if we wanted to start next Sunday. . .

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I would love some "Insanity buddies" too! I'm starting this Thursday (I'm enrolled in an EMT course that's 8 hours every Wednesday, so I needed my rest days to be that day... No way I want to work out after that), but I would still love to give support, and receive... I'll probably be crying the first couple days "IT'S TOO HARD!"
  • Sadagopan84
    Sadagopan84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started my first insanity. I have done just day2 and planning to do day 3. Any advice for me if you have already completed insanity. I am hardly keeping up with the guys in the video. took nearly 6 extra breaks and drank nearly 3 L of water. Please guide me along with your workout...
  • thebarrowness
    Options
    Hi, I just started my first insanity. I have done just day2 and planning to do day 3. Any advice for me if you have already completed insanity. I am hardly keeping up with the guys in the video. took nearly 6 extra breaks and drank nearly 3 L of water. Please guide me along with your workout...

I completed Insanity and have to say it was hell! I found it too hard going on the push ups and I didn't see any real results other than I bulked up on muscle mass in my thighs and biceps.

I am now on Turbofire and seeing much better results :)

Good luck with it though - it may suit you better than it did me!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Advice is stick with it. Freeze part of you waterbottle. If I don't i drink and wanna throw up. I'd recommend a headband to collect sweat, heart rate monitor, good shoes! Take breaks if you need to. Don't worry about keeping up, it gets a little better. Up your protein intake. :)
  • bblich02
    Options
    woohoo I'm on day 16 of insanity!!! what do you guys think of the program?? its so tough!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I started round 2 yesterday:) Oh how I've missed Shaun T's smiling face! Best advice for any first timers is do not compare yourself to anyone in the videos - do your best, and every time you do the same workout, try to do just a bit more.
  • mstoneberger
    mstoneberger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i started insanity yesterday and did the fit test and that really pushed me.. i am going to actually start my first workout today..my question is for people that have already done a round does it really work.. i want to loose 50lbs and i dont wanna kill myself with this workout if it isnt gonna help me get in shape
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm considering starting it (normally I'm Cardio Girl--lots of running), probably this weekend.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

take your time, if it helps, master the move and go at it at your own pace. dont try and copy the people in the workout. They also stop quite regularly to take breaks, dont risk injury. at the end of week 2 you will take less breaks. you will keep improving

I go through atleast 1500-1800mls for a really hard workout if i havent drunk enough throughout the day. So drink regularly, eat well to fuel workouts and dig deeper. good luck
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on my second week and it's better ...After the 1st 3 days I had problems going down my stairs :bigsmile:
    I cannot do everything ( push up sessions are insane) . So I adjust and I'll just try to do better next time...
    I love the format : 40 min (it's easy to make it work even if you are really busy with work and family )
  • Sadagopan84
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you all for the tips. I was sore and tired before coming home from office. I completed day 03 - Cardio Power & Resistance today. I was able do warm up faster then yesterday and took just one break in warm up. I drank like 4 bottles of water and during workouts i did not hit pause and took extra break like 1 min between the workouts. I really love insanity now. I will keep posing
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! I've done up to week three and then I had to travel. So I'm starting over with week one. :)
  • Sadagopan84
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have done day 4 yesterday and today is day 5 pure cardio... I saw the video of day 5 and was shocked to see no breaks in between exercies. I dont know if i can keep myself going like that. After day 4 i am relaxed and filled with lot of energy. Already able to feel my body transforming. It feels litte and am happy about it... Thank you all for the support people..
  • perceyhearts
    Options
    I'm starting today!! Can't wait!
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys! but after tomorrow I'll be on the last week of insanity!! wohhoo
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys! but after tomorrow I'll be on the last week of insanity!! wohhoo

when did u start seeing improvements?

iv done day 16 today recovery day! and not really seen much yet!
  • Lefty634
    Options
    I ordered it awaiting the DVDs and I will start asap but I am older than most of you so I am not gonna injure myself even if it takes me longer to get fit.
  • GlitterStarSarah
    Options
    Hi guys!!

I'm on insanity week 5!! Yikes!! I love it :D
    I have dropped a dress size in month one but only lost 2lbs.
    I love the dvd and would reccommend it to anyone who already have a good fitness level.
  • Sadagopan84
    Options
    Hi all,
    After great struggle i completed day 5 insanity just now. Feels gr8 achievement. Even though i took rest whenever my heart rate went beyond 175bpm (like 4 breaks in 15 mins and avg heart rate of 162bpm) i am feeling gr8. I was able to do push up jacks today (fyi i was not even able to push ups 6 times on day 1). I am going to a night out with my team tomorrow so will miss day 6 but i will move the rest day to day 6 and keep digging deeper this weekend. Will keep posting..
  • brittamarie4
    Options
    Im new to insanity - I just completed week 1 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I tried p90x before and wasn't a fan of all of the weight lifting. I tried TurboFire and really liked that but I love insanity more. Not as dancy and jumpy... If anyone wants to friend me, I would love the additional support throughout this to finish the program in full :)