Show me your lovely tattoo's!! :)

Options

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post my tattoo's here but photobucket is being a royal pain right now. Won't load my existing pictures. I uploaded my tats into my profile so feel free to take a peek. Love all the tattoo's I'm seeing here I wish I could get more... in time. :)
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    tattoo3.jpg?w=453&h=824

There is A LOT of meaning to this one :) - example, The Emerald Swallowtail butterfly is one of very few green butterflies to exist. For a 21st birthday treat, my boyfriend took me to the butterfly farm in Stratford-Upon Avon (Stratford was a gift from his parents) and we only saw one of these little guys! We managed to capture a couple of good shots of the butterfly and I decided that it would be a good one to get added to my tattoo as it represents an important time in my life.

More on my blog ^_^
    http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/tattoos-piercings/
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have this on my wrist :)

fe062930.jpg
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i have 6. i have the eye of horus on my left shoulder, a lotus flower on my right shoulder, an ankh with butterfly wings in the middle of my back, my daughters bday in roman numerals under and "something beautiful" above that. I also have a dash on my right wrist for the poem "the dash".

11498131_121.jpg
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I miss Nancy now!!! :sad:
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Although your tattoos are nice and I'm not trying to offend anybody...for me tattoos became extremely lame when everybody and their grandmas started getting them. I want mine removed since they've become so commercialized, with everybody walking around with their tattoo parlor tattoos. Sorry no offense but tattoos use to mean something. I type that meaning things have much less meaning when you can go to the corner at any given time and get one. Kinda' like a McDonald's 99 cent burger, cheap right? Things have much more meaning when they are harder to attain, just the way it is. In my day of tattoos you pretty much had to personally know somebody who could tattoo, not just some random Joe you give money too. Tattoo parlor tattoos were a joke. Sorry but this is just how it was. The art of tattoos have been severely cheapened in my opinion...:(
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    my first one on my lower back...
    tattie.jpg

my second, across my upper back...
    l_95b41e4278c1584bec15b88454b7fd00.jpg

and my most recent on the inside of my right wrist/arm...
    101_11012.jpg

and once photobucket stops being a derp, you'll be able to see them lol
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Although your tattoos are nice and I'm not trying to offend anybody...for me tattoos became extremely lame when everybody and their grandmas started getting them. I want mine removed since they've become so commercialized with everybody walking around with their tattoo parlor tattoos. Sorry no offense but tattoos used to mean something. You had to personally know somebody who could tattoo, not just some random Joe you give money too. The art of tattoos have been severely cheapened in my opinion...:(

All my tattoo's mean something and I refuse to go to just any artist. I have one artist that I go to because his work is amazing. I wen't to a tattoo artist once for a friend because she needed people to get a "free" tattoo for herself.. and that was my one and only mistake. He went too deep and I have permanent scar on my Betta tattoo. Either way this is a "to each their own" situation. Tattoo's are an art in their own if you take a look at what some of the artists can do these days.. how realistic their work can look or even turning a scar into a piece of work which can help someone feel self conscious to feeling proud to have that scar and want to show it off. It's all in how you look at things. To me, the more the merrier.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    tattoo.jpg
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    this is my newest...

IMG_1914.jpg

And this is my first, on my ankle.

zoso.jpg
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    tattoo3.jpg?w=453&h=824

There is A LOT of meaning to this one :) - example, The Emerald Swallowtail butterfly is one of very few green butterflies to exist. For a 21st birthday treat, my boyfriend took me to the butterfly farm in Stratford-Upon Avon (Stratford was a gift from his parents) and we only saw one of these little guys! We managed to capture a couple of good shots of the butterfly and I decided that it would be a good one to get added to my tattoo as it represents an important time in my life.

More on my blog ^_^
    http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/tattoos-piercings/

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I'm jealous..............
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Although your tattoos are nice and I'm not trying to offend anybody...for me tattoos became extremely lame when everybody and their grandmas started getting them. I want mine removed since they've become so commercialized with everybody walking around with their tattoo parlor tattoos. Sorry no offense but tattoos used to mean something. You had to personally know somebody who could tattoo, not just some random Joe you give money too. The art of tattoos have been severely cheapened in my opinion...:(

I totally agree.

I live in one of the biggest cities in Indiana and everyone and their dog has one or 10. If a person had them done here in town, I can guarantee it looks like horsesh!t. Most of them look like prison tattoos or have terrible lines, bad shading, etc....I drove to a small town 2 hours north to get mine and won't go to any other place! I don't understand why people want tattoos so badly that they are willing to let some crackhead put a crappy tattoo on them for life. And everyone has the same damn things... Sparrows, anchors, stars, butterflies, flowers. More power to you if you can do something original with those items.. If I had a dollar for every person I knew with one of those "trendy" tattoos, I could pay for a new one myself!
  • tatgirl67
    Options
    I got my frist on in '92 I have both arms sleeved. One on my neck each of my thighs is done both ankles and a tramp stamp,one on my outer leg. I would send pics but I am at work now.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    tattoos are lame

And they're trashy.......
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All my tattoo's mean something and I refuse to go to just any artist. I have one artist that I go to because his work is amazing. I wen't to a tattoo artist once for a friend because she needed people to get a "free" tattoo for herself.. and that was my one and only mistake. He went too deep and I have permanent scar on my Betta tattoo. Either way this is a "to each their own" situation. Tattoo's are an art in their own if you take a look at what some of the artists can do these days.. how realistic their work can look or even turning a scar into a piece of work which can help someone feel self conscious to feeling proud to have that scar and want to show it off. It's all in how you look at things. To me, the more the merrier.

This!
  • starrrjo
    starrrjo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoo's but none of them are of the standard I would have liked. I was a silly girl and went to get my first tattoo when I was 14. The place I had it was absolutely awful and I went in there not long ago with a friend and he actually told me to leave because I openly told him how ashamed he should be. I have always had a massive fascination with art and tattooing in general. My fascination excelled when I started buying tattooing equipment, books and even started my own portfolio for it.
    I now tattoo on a regular basis. Partly as a hobby but mainly because I aspire to be better. I have already gathered a large group of clients who love my work but like I say, I aspire to be better as I am far from excellent. But as my confidence increases, so will my quality.

I have always had a thing about hand, face and neck tattoo's though. I have had a number of people ask for tattoo's in these places but I cannot bring myself to do it, even though it is their life, their mistakes, I don't think I could do it. And Boyfriend/girlfriend tattoos...No! Definately not!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    ws3bba.jpg

Here's mine! I spent about five years thinking about it before I got it, and I absolutely love it.

It's Mongolian script and it says "no lies, just love."

(edited to resize.)

Great tat and even more ... you have lovely back! Trully sexy and tonned ! I wish I had back like that! Congrants on both amasing tat and great body!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    2ytpabo.jpg
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    tattoos are lame

And they're trashy.......

haters gonna hate

and to the person that wants to remove her tats now cause everyone has 'em, maybe you got it for the wrong reason. i think it is fantastic that tattooing has become such a normalized art form. i did NOT get my tats to be some kind of hipster lol.

and....getting tats in a tattoo parlour may have been a joke, but I doubt all the people who got communicable diseases are laughing at those jokes now! parlours are safe. some of my idiot friends will get a tattoo from a practicing artist in their house and the tattoo ends up looking like **** because they haven't had proper mentorship and are opening themselves to a world of infection.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As far as where and who does your tattoo....You always get what you pay for.
    There's no such thing as a cheap, well done tattoo. The artists I usually see are roughly $150/hour, but its high quality work!