I'm going to be good, "right after"......

Options
I have been trying to shed an extra 20 lbs for over a year......and it's one step forward (sometime 2), and then a few steps back. And I am going to get serious, always "right after" some event or holiday or time of year. RIght after Christmas and all the baked goods went away, right after my vacation in February, right after winter is over, Memorial Day, 4th of July - you get the picture. Well, I didn't do terrible over Labor Day weekend, but again, I had that "right after" attitude starting to kick in. Anyone else out there feel this way?

Replies

• Esther50
    Options
    Mine was "I'll start on Monday" same concept.
    Don't wait, just do it NOW!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I am like this a lot!! I struggle with binges sometimes, and If I let myself I will tell myself the week is ruined and I'll "Start monday" lol. Not good . Don't wait, stop putting it off. Only you can make this happen, reach your goal.

Add me -- u need to stay accountable!!

" Don’t wait to feel motivated; just get started as though you are motivated and the motivation will come. "

Sidenote: Your profile pic is adorable!!!

=] Best of luck
  • lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    IceyRain is right don't wait quit put it off, let today be the day if you only do a little. Anything you do is better than nothing at all. Set a goal, set short term goals it can be as simple as I am going to not have a piece of chocolate until Friday or I'm going to walk around the block 2 times this week. The motivation will come as time goes on. Good Luck
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, but have been thinking more about the weight I would have already lost by the time I get around to "right after...". If I had started a year ago, I'd be maintaining at my goal weight by now and would have spent more time at the beach this summer. Don't wait and waste any more time, today is the day! You can do it! :)
  • DKillner
    DKillner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right After is soooo me! Along with I'm stressed or upset, Chocoloate will make it better.

I've got some real motivation to loose weight now, but sometimes its just not enough the chocolate or sweet stuff still outways it!
    I'm going to the gym, building up slowly to go at least 3 times a week but nothing seems to be working.

I am stuck at the same weight, have been for ages. I jus want to see it go down! even a couple of pounds would kick the motivation back into gear! I'm hoping myfitnesspal will help me see where I'm going wrong!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd say jump the gun now while you still have time before the holidays! That way, when the holidays come around you won't feel guilty eating that slice of pumpkin pie or sugar cookies :smile:

Also, I recommend buying your holiday goal outfit now, if it's twenty pounds you want to lose you'll probably want something only a size smaller (don't go too extreme). Hang it on the back of your closet door so you see it everyday. Could be a cute brown sweater dress for thanksgiving, or a pretty red church outfit for christmas. Try is on every once in awhile to remind yourself of your goal :flowerforyou:

Best of luck!
  • billiegirl17
    billiegirl17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE MOTIVATION !!! I really like the idea of buying a goal outfit (clothes). If you read my 'reasons' - it's all about the clothes. :-)
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so there with you....though putting it off I just kept adding pounds - started today and am going to use this sit to build a support network!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Clothes for sure are a great reason to lose those last few pounds!

If you have a family member going to the same event as you (maybe thanksgiving?) and you know they want to lose a few pounds too, ask if they want to go shopping for your goal outfits and keep motivated!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Mine was "I'll start on Monday" same concept.
    Don't wait, just do it NOW!!!

This! :embarassed:
  • psink
    psink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think we can all relate to you! I think once you start and keep at it for a couple days makes it easier to stick with it. I have been good as far as logging on for last 10 days. Logging food and trying to exercise everyday really has helped me. Knowing that I have to log it makes me accountable and I want the calories that I burn from exercise to counteract my food. Just trying to put out more than what I put in. Don't beat yourself up--everyday is a new day! We are all here to support you!