30ds-level 3

Options
So I've been doing the level 3 of the 30DS for 12 days now (4 days a week) and I haven't lost any weight. During the first 2 levels, I dropped the weight. I am in need of some motivation. 3 weeks without losing weight has really put me in a funk. I don't know what to do. I cant get through level 3 without stopping and am still pouring out the sweat. I'm not eating all of my calories and I have 2 very active jobs so is there something else I should do? I kinda feel like giving up but I only have 14 more pound till I hit my 50 pound goal. Help me please.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS on August 31st and I only lost 4lbs and it was all during Level 1 and 2. However, I lost a lot of inches and became really toned and I feel awesome. Isn't that what you are aiming for anyway? To look good and feel strong? I used to focus so much on pounds and it made me so upset when I didn't lose anything. I was so upset that I didn't notice that all my clothes were falling off me. I've since changed my goal to body fat % instead of weight and am a lot happier!

I won't lie, it takes a while to make the transition from focusing on pounds to inches/BF% but it helps me a lot. Also, you should really try to eat all your calories. Since you have 2 active jobs you need to fuel your body through working and 30DS. You can search "eat more to weigh less" on here. A lot of people have had great success increasing calories.
  • meagi10
    meagi10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that muscle weighs more than fat. The 30DS program is designed to build muscle in addition to burning fat with cardio. So it's entirely possible you're burning fat and replacing it with muscle, which would cause the scale to stay the same. It's a good idea to watch inches instead of pounds, like alpine1994 said, and see what you notice.

I've been doing 30DS as part of crosstraining for a few months now and haven't dropped any weight but have dropped a few clothing sizes and gained muscle tone. Which was my goal. It does work. Don't give up!
  • vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One thing to keep in mind is that muscle weighs more than fat. The 30DS program is designed to build muscle in addition to burning fat with cardio. So it's entirely possible you're burning fat and replacing it with muscle, which would cause the scale to stay the same. It's a good idea to watch inches instead of pounds, like alpine1994 said, and see what you notice.

I've been doing 30DS as part of crosstraining for a few months now and haven't dropped any weight but have dropped a few clothing sizes and gained muscle tone. Which was my goal. It does work. Don't give up!

^^This!!^^
  • vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion I'll make is switch up your workout, and even switch up what TIME you do your workout. Your body may be "used" to the 30 DS, and you might need to do something different. Your body can also get used to what "time" you work out. So, if you're working out at night, try changing it to first thing in the morning, or switch from morning to afternoon.
  • noeasyweigh
    noeasyweigh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just finfished the shred this past weekend. I made a pact with myself that I wasn't going to weigh. I know in the past when I start an exercise program and I gain, it is usually enough to derail me and make me give up. I am totally 100 % commited to taking photos and measurements. I can bet I didn not lose 1# during shred. But my arms and abs have been changed. I lost inches everywhere.. ( you can see my pics of before and after in the success stories under 30 day shred results). I am doing ripped in 30 next and have my starting measurements and photos. I haven't changed a pant size or anything, but everything is fitting different... I am more straight up and down then round...? Eat at least 65 percent of all your exercise calories and eat your daily calories too...EAt to fuel your body..
  • nettles1880
    nettles1880 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW. This was my first post for myself and I want to thank you all for making me feel so much better. Everything y'all said is stuff i know. I do notice that my clothes fit better and I am wearing clothes that I haven't worn in 4 years. I wish that I had taken measurements before I started but I didn't. People are telling me that I look so good and I feel better than I have ever before. I think I am focusing to much on the number on the scale. What are some other workouts should I try to change my body?