Cup of Coffee a day???

Options
In your most humble opinions, is a cup of coffee almost every day OK? Is it healthy? Because I really love my morning coffee! (I drink it black, sometimes with a tablespoon of silk and a packet of splenda, but mostly black):smile:

Replies

• blairhand
    blairhand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My doc told me that moderation is key. One cup a day should not hurt anything, especially if you take it black or with little to no sweetner. Double check the calories on here, my coffee was 1 cup a day and only 60 calories.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My doc told me that moderation is key. One cup a day should not hurt anything, especially if you take it black or with little to no sweetner. Double check the calories on here, my coffee was 1 cup a day and only 60 calories.

Isn't 60 calories a bit high for coffee?
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of coffee. Sometimes 4-5 6oz cups a day. It keeps me going and in my opinion better than a diet soda since coffee is natural. I have quit coffee just to see and I don't notice any difference. I just drink mine with a tad of cream just enough to make it not jet black. So mine is 2 calories per 6oz cup. I love coffee and couldn't live without it =)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Isn't 60 calories a bit high for coffee?

It is. Coffee itself has very few calories. A teaspoon of sugar has 15 calories. I am guessing you are using heavy duty cream?
  • chojolitos
    Options
    In your most humble opinions, is a cup of coffee almost every day OK? Is it healthy? Because I really love my morning coffee! (I drink it black, sometimes with a tablespoon of silk and a packet of splenda, but mostly black):smile:

Espresso shots are the new revelation:drinker:
    less water more caffeine power
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    One cup of coffee isn't going to kill you, especially if you're not dousing it in sugar and cream :). A little caffeine is good for metabolism anyway.

Personally, I'm willing to kill people if I don't get my two cups of green tea a day...
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why stop at one cup? I drink 8-10 8-ounce cups per day. There's a bunch of different studies as to whether or not coffee (or caffeine, in particular) is a diuretic or what the health benefits may or may not be. It all seems to depend on who funded the study. If I'm not drinking coffee, chances are I'm drinking water, so I don't worry about that side of it too much.

Just be sure you keep an accurate track of what all you mix into your coffee (I, too, drink it black, so it's easy for me :drinker:). And I'm not convinced that the flavored coffee grounds give me almost-no-calorie coffee, but I rarely drink those, so....
  • rickyyykcir
    Options
    haha i know this girl she once drank 48 cups of coffee from tim hortons!! she loves her coffee lol
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    Coffee isn't actually bad for you. It has some positive and negative health effects, just like everything else. If your body can handle coffee, then there is absolutely no problem drinking a cup a day (or even up to four). But the thing is not to be adding cream, sugar etc to it.