caught a glimpse of myself

Options
i was so proud yesterday to have stuck to my goals for my first week on here and had lost the 2 pounds i intended to. i even feel better, a little thinner. and then i caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length window...didn't make me feel so proud.

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Aw, don't say that! The important thing is that you are losing weight, you are working hard and doing it! You will see results in time.
  • taneeshab
    Options
    Dont worry about the physical appreance as long as you know your goal was met that is something to celebrate.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Great job on a successful first week. Other than the 2 pounds thinner, how do you feel? How's your tummy adjusting to the foodstuffs? Energy levels Ok?

Don't sweat the looks, It'll come. You're a babydoll anyways,,, :-)
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    I hate that! I was feeling really confident yesterday until I saw a video my man took of me the day before. I felt so awful. Now I know why I have avoided mirrors most of my life. I put a positive spin on it, though. I told myself that every day I stay under my calorie goal I am taking one step away from the me I don't like. I can't wait to see a video of myself that I am proud of. keep up the good work. One day at a time! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud of yourself! You stuck to your goal AND you met it! You said you felt better and even a little thinner...don't let that stupid (most likely warped) window make you change your mind!
    Best of luck to you on your mission and JUST SAY NO (to letting windows make bad)!!!
    :flowerforyou: T
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Those windows can be discouraging, and a little off at times might I add! We are all our worst critics, so don' t be so hard on yourself, Loosing 2 pounds in your first week is awesome, keep up the good work, just to spite that window!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Aw girl...

You just have to keep going forward. Remember that initial feeling of accomplishment by making your first goal. Each week will be a new goal reached and before you know it...you'll be where you want to be. Besides, it's because you want to achieve that difference that brought you here to begin with. Believe that you can do it because YOU ALREADY ARE!!! :)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i was so proud yesterday to have stuck to my goals for my first week on here and had lost the 2 pounds i intended to. i even feel better, a little thinner. and then i caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length window...didn't make me feel so proud.
    I know exactly how you feel
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    thanks, guys!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Aw, I thought this was going to be a "success story."

Lately when I catch glimpses of myself in mirrors I have to do a double take. :blushing: I'm beginning to feel like the most vain person in the world. Stick with it and you'll really start to see the manifestation of your hard work. :smile:
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    Great job on a successful first week. Other than the 2 pounds thinner, how do you feel? How's your tummy adjusting to the foodstuffs? Energy levels Ok?

Don't sweat the looks, It'll come. You're a babydoll anyways,,, :-)

thank you! i feel great...i've always been (mostly) a healthy eater, just had to get my portions under control!!! i feel much better actually...amazing how you stop feeling "bloated" when you don't stuff yourself!!!