do we really ever grow up?

Options
taylor5877
taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
There are better examples than this in life but here's mine for the day...

3 PM...time for afternoon snack. Check macros. I need some carbs.

Brain: (like a pouty child) "But I don't wanna eat carbs. I want peanut butter".

hand: grabs PB jar...

Replies

• Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    ... Yes!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The the midst of a roadtrip last night, the entire car had an in depth but hysterical conversation over farts. Farts will always be funny.

Growing up is boring and dull. I'd much rather giggle over the word 'fart' than to be old and bitter
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    The the midst of a roadtrip last night, the entire car had an in depth but hysterical conversation over farts. Farts will always be funny.

Growing up is boring and dull. I'd much rather giggle over the word 'fart' than to be old and bitter

Farts

tumblr_ly92yxAQOW1r2sauh.gif
  • RicaJamie
    Options
    And I just giggled out loud at that. THANKS! :D
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    You don't have to grow up you just have to grow old!!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yes !!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    growing old is inevitable....
    growing up is optional...

lol that said.. I still think of myself as the same 'kid' i was way back when... even though my opinions and attitude (and therefore, behavior) have changed over the years...
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    No we don't! As it says in my profile - We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public. !
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Farts will always be funny!
    I farted in a parking lot the other day and my friend told me it sounded like a barking spider. I thought I might pee my pants!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think we do. I think our mind ages to a certain point and then stops.

For instance, I went on a walk through my old neighborhood the other day. I could close my eyes and it felt like only yesterday that I was a teenager. There were so many changes, but it was, and always will be, my home. That area holds probably the best memories I have. I absolutely needed that mental break. I just wish the people I had in my life then were still in my life today.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've got the word 'Kid' tattooed on my back to always remind me to have fun in life and to keep a young heart!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    OK... I am sitting here in a Gryffindor t-shirt, camouflage pants and a Tinkerbell necklace, watching Cartoon Network, and planning out garb for my next Ren faire.

I'm a grown-up, all right. :bigsmile:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm a single 28 yrs old guy who has the tradition that every year around Christmas time, I put on my pj's, grab some icecream and some chocolate milk and watch Home Alone movies

What? You mean not all grown ups do that? >.<
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,056 Member
    Options
    On behalf of all grown ups on the MFP, I would like to say this assertion of "lack of growing upedness" is deeply offensive and derogatory. In fact, it might even be racist! I'm shocked and horrified and I just farted. :laugh:
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Farts will always be funny!
    I farted in a parking lot the other day and my friend told me it sounded like a barking spider. I thought I might pee my pants!

LOL!!!!!!!!!
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There are better examples than this in life but here's mine for the day...

3 PM...time for afternoon snack. Check macros. I need some carbs.

Brain: (like a pouty child) "But I don't wanna eat carbs. I want peanut butter".

hand: grabs PB jar...

Today mine is playing Lego Batman 2. I'm nearly 40 ><
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a single 28 yrs old guy who has the tradition that every year around Christmas time, I put on my pj's, grab some icecream and some chocolate milk and watch Home Alone movies

What? You mean not all grown ups do that? >.<

I think you're disguised as my soulmate...lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I didn't grow up. I grew out! :laugh:
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No we don't! As it says in my profile - We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public. !

^^This. Although I even have trouble with this at times too!