Motivation

I have been trying to eat healthy,( lo carb mostly) which im getting tired of and try to run ( working on getting to 3 miles) and Ive been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Ive seemed to have lost total motivation and cant get back into it! I have a 9 month old so trying to cook healthy meals and get workouts in during his naps make it harder. I feel anxious about waiting for him to nap so I can workout and it seems to ruin my day. I went out of town last weekend for a wedding forgot my running shoes ( i planned to try to run) and since then ive been a lazy butt! GRRRR sitting on my butt and eating crap sounds so much better to me and I dont want to get back into that. Just needed to vent and maybe some motivating advice????

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    I used to post pictures I hated of myself around the house (kitchen cabinets, my nightstand) so I could see what I didn't want. Every 10 lbs lost, I got a pedicure. I also had weekly weigh ins with a friend who was trying to lose too.

Lastly, I signed up for a 5K to keep me on track with running.

I hope some of these help!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    It really helps me have a good day when i avoid the TV. I don't even turn it on because I know I'll get stuck on the couch for the whole afternoon. I opt for music instead, because the beat keeps me motivated and happy. If you have a good stroller take your baby out for walks, I'm sure they will enjoy being out of the house as well. =)
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Oh, and I love doing the Jillian Michaels DVDs! They are tough but give good workout. Stay with it!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I like to mix things up to keep it interesting and keep me motivated. I probably own 30 workout DVD's so it never gets boring. For added motivation I love reading the success stories on the forums. There are some amazing and inspirational transformations on there! I also love browsing Pinterest...their Health & Fitness section has a lot of interesting info - short workout circuits, healthy recipes, motivational quotes ect. It keeps me focused on my goals. Having a little one around is hard, you never know exactly when you'll get that workout in. If you can have your significant other watch the baby at least day one a week so you can get a full uninterrupted workout in. Or find an family member to watch. I used to have my nephew come over and keep an eye on the kids while I worked out in another room. When I was finished we would make a family movie night out of it.
  • My husband works 24 hr shifts and I work on his days off and im usually too tired to workout when I get home :( and we live a half hr or more from family so I pretty much have to workout during naptime. I just have to suck it up and get out of this funk!!