Why do people?

Options
Why is it that everytime I start being healthy and losing weight everyone around me feels the need to be negative about it. You would think that they would want to encourage and be happy for me but they always have something negative to say about it. Do any of you experience the same thing? If so why do you think that is? It drives me crazy!

Replies

• zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that it only drives them crazy if I talk about it a lot. I've noticed that if I just do my thing, eat healthy and exercise without announcing it, then people don't say anything.
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    I think that they are just jealous....thats my opinion
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options

Me too!
  • angelamuse
    angelamuse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate enough not to have that situation. To be honest, it sounds like you need to possibly ignore these people for a while and surround yourself with more positive people. You want to be with people where if you are having a weak moment will encourage you to grab carrot sticks and not chocolate cake, lol!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Me too!

me three:grumble:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have people who are negative and try to sabotage my efforts by purchasing foods that are bound to lead to failure. Very few people know I'm counting calories again right now.
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options

Me too!

My 12 yr old son always says dad....why is there so many haters around....thats what i always think about and laugh

keep your head up and do what YOU want....who cares what they say, and if theyre negative than they may not be looking out for you as a friend
  • Reeder
    Reeder Posts: 20
    Options
    I see what you mean, but NO ONE is going to stop me now!!
    To everyone on here: Keep up the good work!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that it only drives them crazy if I talk about it a lot. I've noticed that if I just do my thing, eat healthy and exercise without announcing it, then people don't say anything.

I agree, I don't discuss excersise or nutrition unless I know the other party has expressed interest in it.

Even when the cackling hens here in the office complain about the weather that I've been running in I keep my mouth shut.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I know - it's so frustrating! I went to eat some almonds the other day and the serving size was 1oz. I had no idea how much that was so I was looking for my food scale (we had recently re-finished our cabinets and things got re-arranged) and my husband kept calling me a "nut job" from the other room saying that I was taking this way too far. He still laughs at me for weighing almonds.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    They just want everyone to be as miserable as they are.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are trying to be healthy and keep yourself fit - they probably can't do it... Flaunt it hun! It's effective! LOL
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    A lady that I used to work with gave me shi% about how I ate every day in front of everyone at work. Finally one day, when she started up, I lost it and said "Ya know, I never judge anyone else for the way they eat or their fitness routine. I eat the way I do and work out because I am very self conscious about my weight, and I want to do something about it. So I would really appreciate if you would please not publicly ridicule me for my efforts." She realized how mean she had been, especially because she wanted to lose weight too, and she never did it again.
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    *applause*
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Why?

Jealous
    They hate their life
    They have nothing better to do
    They are naturally negative people

Brush your shoulders off and keep doing what you are doing! Pay them no mind.