Fruit Ninja for Kinect

Options
I just recently got an Xbox with Kinect, which came with Kinect Adventures. It's really fun and makes me work up a sweat at the same time, so I like it. Yesterday we got Fruit Ninja and my arms are SO SORE. I have played it three times so far and I'm pouring sweat each time, along with my heart rate being up. I KNOW it has to burn a good amount of calories, but short of buying a HRM, I'm not sure how many.

Any advice on how to log it?

Edit: I have been logging it under circuit training, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

Replies

• stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check this game out. I just busted out our Kinect that we got last year. I'm doing the Dance Central since my kids are sick so I can't go to the gym. Thanks for inadvertantly suggesting it :)
  • didiwindiva
    didiwindiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have fruit ninja for the kinect also and yes that is a great workut for the arms i try to play 3X week for an 1/2 hour.
  • adent10
    Options
    I've been using Dance Central 2 for my work out. It has been insane
  • thegreatmongoose
    Options
    I think it would be similar to table tennis (perhaps just a bit more depending on how you play and how ridiculous you get with the pomegranates) There's a lot of full arm movements with short breaks between swings but not much leg movment. I've been racking my brain with this question for weeks and I just thought of that. I think that's how I'll start logging it.
  • bexfreeze
    Options
    I just played fruit ninja kinect for half an hour and I have no idea how to log it , also I play dance central 2 for 45min on monday , wednesdays and fridays,
  • carlosdon
    Options
    did a heart rate monitor ages ago when i made my own. got it down as about 440 cals an hour (male 77.4kgs) maybe undercut that a bit but at least 5 cals a minute.