people to talk to (25-30 wanting to lose 50lb)

Options
I know that makes me sound really lonely :) but in the dieting department I am. My hubby is supportive and he is KINDA doing it with me but I need a good support group. Im not looking for people that will shame me every time i eat an extra calorie but just your normal people trying to get healthy.

Replies

• soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!

friend request sent!
  • jstein0517
    jstein0517 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totallly get it :-) I am just starting the weight loss journey. My husband is supportive too... but hes grown tired because of how many times I've said "Ok, i'm really going to do it this time!" but he tries to be as supportive as he can.... I don't know where to start!
  • carreandme
    Options
    It does not make you sound lonely. Having a support team is a great thing.
  • theinsanityofme
    theinsanityofme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and have more then 50lb to lose, I'm single so have no support at home and therefore no one but myself to keep an eye on me.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat. friend request sent.
  • JLand918
    Options
    Ok so I feel out of place in this one your all women and I am a man but I feel ya
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want- :) I like having healthy people on here as friends, but also realistic.

Yes, I ate 1/2 a doughnut today. That being said, I'd already planned on going to the gym today for my Zumba class, so I don't think it's the end of the world.

I think the most unrealistic people are the people who think we can change 100% of our habits and diets- not necessarily the ones trying to loose.
  • sweetypie85
    Options
    Im new and with you on that as well. We are imperfect humans. Enough said :)
  • MattPBTX
    MattPBTX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. I know what I'm supposed to do (more or less), but I wouldn't want someone pointing out to me every extra calorie or bad choice I make. Us newbies can't change overnight!
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In terms of support, you couldn't have come to a better place! Your story resonates with me! I have said "I am on a diet" more times then I can count and like your husband, my boyfriend stopped hearing it. So this time when I started, I made subtle shifts and only announced that I was watching what I was eating when the first week was over and I knew that I could totally do this! Now that he can see the centimeters come off and some kg's as well, he is totally supportive! Give him some time to adjust, in the meantime you just do your thing girl - noone can motivate you more then you motivate yourself, so just work on that for now! If things get a little wobbly, you have a whole network of support here whenever you need it.
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 50-55lbs. I have lost 23lbs so far. Just started MFP a week ago and lost 2lbs , looking for MFP to help lose the rest.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!

friend request sent!

Im 26 and my husband is logging with me. Id like to lose more than 50lbs but Im not setting a hard goal.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! 24 (25 in December) looking to lose 50 pounds. I had mexican food all weekend! LOL :)
  • sassi5
    Options
    You can add me!
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey...I' here for you and with you! I started at 187 6 weeks ago. I think my kicker was when I went to buy new work clothes and had to get a size 16! I wanted to cry ;-( I am now in my sixth week of weight watchers and have lost 17 pounds!:happy:
  • CB624
    Options
    Sent a friend request and message! I am basically in the same boat and struggling with staying on track. I defiantely need a support group as well. Any others feel free to add! :)
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    add me. i am 25. i have 36 to lose by the end of this year but more for next year
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 25 and aiming for 50lbs too. Back home after three years in India, so don't have many friends/support left around me now, so will send a friend request!
  • lavitaloca
    Options
    I need the same. I'm just starting and I have to lose about 180lbs. Yikes! I just joined this website too so I need friends. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • ryan3140
    Options
    please feel free to add me. I keep an open diary and love giving support