Unable to eat

Options
I'm set to eat about 1500 cals a day. With the amount of exercise I do, my profile on most days says I need to eat about 2000. Honestly, I feel like I'm eating all of the time but never can seem to hit the mark. I know that eating enough significantly impacts eight loss and metabolism. What can I do to get more in? Most of the time I am not hungry or can't eat very much.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods like avocados, cheese, nuts, nut butters etc. Add oil to salads or cooking. Drink your calories in milk, nut milks, protein shakes, smoothies etc. If you normally have "diet" or low fat versions of things, choose the full fat versions. Basically, don't be afraid of fat, it can really help you reach your calorie goal.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight at a sensible rate I wouldn't worry. 1500 calories isn't going to starve or malnourish anyone and I can't see an argument for eating when you don't feel like it or need it,
  • ahd0608
    Options
    It is VERY important to eat your recommended calories per day. It's great that you're exercising and burning more calories than you're taking in (that is how you lose weight!) But you also have to make sure you're getting your nutrients. If you're not hungry for something substantial (like a steak and potato, etc.) try going liquid. Make a high protein smoothie, the possibilities are endless with those (and they're high in calories too, so that will help!), soups, fruit juices (like v8 fusion)... hope this helps a little!! (I was a weight loss counselor for L.A. Weight Loss).
  • stevenpmiller
    stevenpmiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I said this exact same thing when I hit my goal and the site tells me to eat 2500 calories a day to maintain even before my exercise. 3000 calories is quite a bit. Peanut butter sandwiches help though.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary people can see what you currently eat and give you better advice.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Drink some milk or orange juice if you're worried.