Insanity vs 30 day shred

Options
Im a jogger already. I run/walk 5ks. I weigh 137 pounds. (at 5'4). My goal is to lose the last 7 pounds and become a better runner. Im not sure wat other information you will have to know. Would yall recommend insanity or 30 day shred???? I just dont wanna waste money. Thanks!

Replies

• Calliesmom1
    Options
    shameless bump
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Death is not an option?

If you are in decent shape, I would imagine that insanity would provide a better challenge. 30DS is pretty mediocre.
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As Jillian Michael's would say, I have 400lb people doing this work out and so can you. I have Jillian's DVD's and I would imagine if extremely overweight people can do them you probably would be better off with Insanity. I don't have Insanity but don't really hear of extremely obese individuals completing that work out. I'm looking forward to building up to Insanity myself :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    They can't even be compared.

30 Day Shred is a beginner program and Insanity isn't.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I agree, for someone as small as you, I would say insanity. I'm 212 lbs, and I can do the 30 day shred from start to finish.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Insanity, if you can handle it. It will improve your cardiovascular endurance much more than the 30DS will.
  • spark_inthedark
    Options
    The 30DS is not a cake walk, but I think Insanity is much more of a challenge. I am quite a bit heavier than you though. Right now I am on day 4 of the 30DS and hoping to work up to insanity next. Best wishes in what ever you choose :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    insanity.

I wouldn't bother with 30 day shred imo, and I too agree it's a beginner program.

Insanity will really help with your running endurance. So go insanity. I used it as a cross training tool when I was preparing for my half marathon in July, and it helped a lot.
  • Calliesmom1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Insanity it is!! Im going to get it tomorrow! Thanks!! Im also running a half marthon next march so hopefully insanity will prepare me! Im so pumped now. Glad to hear its intense.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Insanity! 30DS is definitely for beginners.