Insanity:)

Options
Hey everyone! Today i finally got insanity and im sooo excited to start but i have to wait until monday! But I also very nervous hah I heard how hard it is but apparently get amazing resulst. Im still extremely out of shape like i cant run long. So im wondering how hard this is gonna be, How long the videos are, if im gonna die ahahha andd your results :) Include pics for me!!! <3 thanks everyone!!

Replies

• Pudgebrownie
    Options
    I hope you get plenty of responses because I'm curious, too!

Btw, how much did Insanity cost you?
  • wham55
    Options
    $120 + $10 Tax :) I think it will be worth, im just a lil scared im not gonna stick with it because i didnt stick with p90x...but im really gonnna try
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It is hard but don't let that discourage you. I modify some of the exercises. One time I didn't modify some of the push-ups and jumping type exercises and I couldn't walk without pain for two days! They are actually kinda fun with the super hot Shawn T teaching them! You'll do great :)
  • crabtrea
    crabtrea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The workouts are about 40 minutes long including stretching. I just started week 3, and I look forward to my workout. It doesn't take up a lot of room, and you don't have to have any equipment. The only thing I would caution you on is to make sure you have a good pair of shoes because there is a lot of jumping and that can be hard on your joints! Have fun!!
  • teneh
    teneh Posts: 39
    Options
    It's on the Internet for free!!
  • Chgosportsgal
    Options
    Reach out to me .. will be happy to support you! Why because I'm Insane !!:laugh:
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you don't get any info here check out youtube alot of videos of people doing the first workout
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    It will definitely push you. Do your best and don't expect to keep up the the pro's on tv. It will challenge you. Drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day. I am on my second round of it... and it is still pretty challenging.
  • wham55
    Options
    Haha I forgot another problem, I can barely do a pushup :0 ahahah
  • DivaSlimsDown
    Options
    Its hard but definitely doable! It requires alot of mental strength and commitment. it consist of alot of jumping and really high cardio. I am on day 45 and so proud of the results thus far!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Lol. You sound like I did before I did insanity a few months ago. I wanted something to kick my *kitten*.

The first time I ever did it. I threw up! But for some reason, I kept at it. I lost 14 lbs in 60 days, after insanity I started running regularly and now I am training for half marathon.

At first I didn't follow the program. I rotated the videos until I could move the next day and then I started the program. It took me about 2 weeks of every other or every 3 days to get to that point. In the end, I was so glad that I kept to it. I still slip in insanity some days..., I miss Shaun T!
  • xzotikmama
    xzotikmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm borrowing mine from a friend....So we shall see!! I'm excited too! She says it's awesome!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Month one workouts average between 22 - 50 minutes.

Month two workouts go up to 65 minutes.

One thing you cannot do is get discouraged from what you see on the screen. The people in the videos are 100% fit and have been doing this for a long time. A lot of people see it and give up but Shaun T. will tell you to do what YOU can do, not what the other people can do. After hurting my knees twice, I modified several of the moves. However, by the time I finished, I hit every move with no modifications.

Is it hard? HELL YEAH! Can you do it? HELL YEAH! You gotta be willing to work though. It's definitely not for babies and beginners. Just remember this:

1. Drink a recovery formula (I drink Endurox R4...get it cheaper from Amazon)
    2. Drink PLENTY of water
    3. Follow the nutrition plan (it's not as bad as everyone believes it is)
    4. Use proper form at all times, even if it means you go slower
    5. Use a workout mat for the plyo moves (it helps the knees)

Results are going to come from proper form first, then speed. The key is to get your heart rate up and keep it up. The higher the heart rate, the greater the calorie burn.

***It takes 3500 burned calories to lose 1 pound of fat.***

Erica

PS I'm starting P90x on Sept 10, then Insanity: The Asylum 2 (skipping the first one), then two half marathons in March and Sept of 2013. Yep, I'm a BEAST and I LOVE it! lol
  • fuelingit
    Options
    i absolutely love insanity. it may be tough at first, but just try your best to keep up with it! it's really not that bad! and there's always 4-6 minutes of stretching after the "warmup" so that's something to look forward to. i'm on month 2 and i love it haha! if you can't do a pushup, do a modified one from your knees :)
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Insanity is defenitly intense!! But its a great workout! Ive only stuck to it for a couple weeks. But been thinking to start back up again. Good luck!
  • ddevenny
    Options
    My advice is to take your measurements! I have not lost a ton of weight but I have lost over 10 inches off of my body! I think the weight issue may be that I have built so much muscle and also- it is a 60 day program but I took 120 days to do mine - it is really intense and I am 40 years old. I also have a knee injury that acts up with this program - but I can't stop I am totally addicted!

Drink a huge chocolate milk right after your workout!
    Wear a heart monitor (yes you want your heart rate to go up and stay up but this program is really intense and can actually be dangerous for some people). I would watch your heart rate at all times - especially if you feel dizzy or nauseous.

Good Luck!
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    Im starting my second round on Monday. So excited !
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are working our way through Insanity together. We are not able to stick strictly to the schedule so it's taking us longer, however it is definitely a great workout and we are seeing results. Just in doing the first fit test and the second one a couple weeks later, I had a 20% overall improvement in performance (yep I did the math LOL). I can't wait to see how I do with the next one.

I got mine used from a local online buy/sell/trade group for only $50. Perfect condition! :-)
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    It's a tough one, but a fun one and super addictive. Do not try to be a hero and keep up with the insanely fit individuals on the video, you will die lol. Just do what you can, take a breath if you need to and pace yourself while pushing yourself. I am currently on week two round two, and its still tough and I still love it! Do your best and you'll see the results, Good Luck!