Splurge Meal/Day or No way?

Options
Hi!
So regarding whether or not to splurge...

Do you do it (on purpose)? And if so, one meal per week, or one "day" per week?

Or one meal per month?

OR NEVER ever? :)

Any thoughts or real life experiences very much appreciated!!
-Mary

Replies

• msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner, she is a celebrity trainer has a book "This is Why your Fat".. great book with great concept. Eat clean all week and have 2 cheat meals on the weekends. That's what i do so that I dont feel deprived. She says you must eat clean during the week for this to work.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    If I want something I make it fit in my macros and calories. A few weeks ago I killed an entire pizza solo for dinner, didn't go over my calories. Granted I'm eating more than you I'm sure, but you can always make it work.
  • thefotogrl
    Options
    thanks guys! that's helpful :-)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    One meal a week, but not too over the top, and I fit a treat in most days too, but I also workout a lot and keep the rest of my intake clean.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I do allow a high day or two a week but by high, it is only slightly over and nothing crazy. When I hear the word splurge, I think pig out. So I just call them high days. It is good to shake up the metabolism too.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    no way.. i'll splurge when i reach my goal as a reward for all my hard work but it;ll proberly be on half the size hahaha ive gotten use to poritioning my food but i will go out for a nice meal!!!!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I pretty much cheat every Friday for dinner... I still eat regularly throughout the day. I can fluctuate though, so if I have something going on Saturday, I'll do it then instead. It keeps me sain and I find that, even on cheat days, I eat a heck of a lot less than I did before MFP so it's not oo bad.
  • thefotogrl
    Options
    thanks for your input everyone! I think I will have a splurge meal on the weekend, just get my fave thing at the mexican place not eat six bowls of ice cream or anything. :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I have days where I eat over my calories and days where I eat under. I don't plan it out particularly, but am flexible enough to cope with special occasions when they come up.