New to Tampa, FL

Options
Just moved to Tampa, FL from the NY Metro Area and looking for some new buddies in the area. I live in South Tampa and work downtown. Are there any groups to join in the area? Also, looking for a gym, any recommendations?

Replies

• jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am from south tampa as well :) you can add me!
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Awe! I live in New Mexico. I used to live in Fla and NY and I was just in NYC this summer and I'm going to Tampa this November!
    Coinkidinks!

Hi and good luck with your transition!!! :smile:
  • breezy_ny
    breezy_ny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I go to a great gym called Flava Fitness. They provided only classes but they are so much fun. And there is no year contract. Check them out. Flavafitnessstudio.com. Also add me as a friend.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Planning a move to Tampa from Oregon in two years or less. Love learning about the area and hearing opinions of those that live or lived there. Just throwing that out there for funzies.

OK, actually I'm fishing for info and friends, but.....
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Planning a move to Tampa from Oregon in two years or less. Love learning about the area and hearing opinions of those that live or lived there. Just throwing that out there for funzies.

OK, actually I'm fishing for info and friends, but.....

For me it has been a big change, but I love it here so far. Making friends has been pretty easy so far, hopefully that continues :)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I'm actually across Tampa Bay in Clearwater, but I go to a gym in Tampa called Truly Fit Studio on Hillsborough Ave (they are a small gym, but the prices are reasonable) and if you like the Les Mills Combat class, they are going to be getting licensed to offer the Combat class
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I go to a great gym called Flava Fitness. They provided only classes but they are so much fun. And there is no year contract. Check them out. Flavafitnessstudio.com. Also add me as a friend.

Thanks for the tip on the gym...looks awesome...I LOVE Zumba and I saw on their site that Jeni J just got certified to teach the new Zumba Sentao, so I will definitely check it out. Do you take the Zumba classes? Any instructor recommendations?
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Like Rachel, I'm across the bridge in Safety Harbor/Clearwater. Feel free to add me! :)

Welcome to Florida!!!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just across the bay in downtown St Petersburg (moved back from Los Angeles)
    If you want to add me :happy:
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi I grew up in S Tampa and now live in Lutz. N Tampa. Leo Gym has been open since the 1970's on Manhattan. Great area to workout lots of places to run. Enjoy. You can add me if you like.
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm south of u in Bradenton. Add me if u like