Sharing Meal Plans - Anyone interested?

Options
1atjensen
1atjensen Posts: 20 Member
Does anyone have a meal plan, list of recipes, that they are willing to share? Any word doc, excel doc, etc. works.

My wife and I are getting burned out in both looking and cooking the same things. Specifically, looking for breakfasts, mid-day snacks, and dinners.

I have a killer list of protein shakes if anyone is interested - about 10 shakes.

Replies

• AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I cook as cleanly as possible (no food substitutes, fillers, fake foods). Feel free to add me.
  • ashley101009
    Options
    I have a ton! I just make them up as I go though! Tonight I made spaghetti squash ( if you've never heard of it, it's squash found in the fresh produce aisle, it's cooked in the microwave with holes poked like potatoes, then slice it down the long way take the seeds out and with a fork string it out) I had this with pasta sauce and chicken sausage with peppers and onions, kind of like a bit pasta dinner but without the calories and carbs! Only 282 calories!
  • 1atjensen
    1atjensen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ashley - You willing to share your recipes? Are they sharable? Is it just a list of meals or do you have the recipes as well?
  • ashley101009
    Options
    Honestly I don't I make them up as I go this one that I just posted is my new invention and is very very good! I make all the same normal things as normal family meals like tacos. It with ground turkey, meatloaf with ground turkey I make a really yummy pasta dish, 2oz of ziti with chopped fresh basil tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, I eat a ton of chicken! My favorite is chicken breast pizza it's a chicken breast pounded flat as the base then pizza sauce fresh basil a sliced of tomato topped with string cheese strung out! And baked on 350 for maybe 30 to 40 mins! These are a few of my favorites I dot have lists I just make up as I go :/ lol I'll try to think of more if u like these!
  • princessrtk
    Options
    My meal planner is Pintrest. I pin all week long, then when it comes time to make my grocery list I look through my board and see what looks good. Then base my list off of those recipes.
  • cindykrauss
    Options
    Ive been wondering how to share also. I have alot of great healthy meals. I wish we could share recipes on here. We should all suggest that to the monitors.
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as well. I have to do a lot of single day prep/eat for the week meals. I'm happy to share!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My meal planner is Pintrest. I pin all week long, then when it comes time to make my grocery list I look through my board and see what looks good. Then base my list off of those recipes.

Yup!!
  • Clairesmom2
    Options
    I could use a few new ideas also. I need filling snack amd quick dinner ideas. I work evenings as a receptionist without a dinner break and typically have dinner around 9:00. I have lots of good recipes but too often it is too late and I am too tired to prepare them. I am also picky about what foods I am willing to reheat.
  • suthrnsass
    Options
    Sweet n Spicy Pecans
    Ingredients:
    •2 cups pecan halves
    •2 Tbsp butter
    •1/4 tsp cayenne or other hot pepper
    •artificial sweetener equal to about 3 T sugar
    •4 tsp cinnamon
    •1/2 tsp salt
    Preparation:
    Use a large enough skillet so the pecans are in one layer. A nonstick skillet works well.
    Melt the butter in the skillet and add the hot pepper. If you are using liquid artificial sweetener, add it now. Add pecans to skillet and cook over medium heat. Stir every 30 seconds. After 2 or 3 minutes, stir them constantly until they just begin to brown. Pecans burn quickly, so keep your eyes on them. If the butter starts smoking before this point, turn off the heat and call them done. Stir in cinnamon, salt, and powdered sweetener if you're using it. Remove from pan and place in bowl (pecans can still burn sitting in the hot pan). When they seem cool enough to taste, adjust seasonings accordingly (if you want more salt or sweetener)
    Carbohydrate Information: 1/4 cup of pecans have 1 gram of effective carbohydrate plus 3 grams of fiber.