Fitbit, HRM, or something else?

Options
Any recommendations on a great calorie burned counter? Ive heard the polar FT4/FT7 HRM are great. But also wondering about the fitbit. If it caculates calories burned too? Or any other new gidget that works great at calculating calories.
Thanks!

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I was told that the fitbit is basically a glorified pedometer. I like my HRM.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the same polar as you and dont exercise without it.. i HAD 2 fitbits, one that i lost while working in the yard so i bought a replacement and washed it!.. I wish i had another one, I wore it from the time i got up til i went to bed. I'm a nurse on a busy med/surg floor and loved seeing how many miles walked/ calories burned each day.. I definately think its worth getting, just remember to take it off your clothes before throwing them in the washer!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have both. I wear my FT4 for "real" exercise, and the Fitbit for the rest of the day.
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT4 - I'm pretty happy with it!
  • babydoll315
    babydoll315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my fitbit. It is a high end pedometer with alitmeter as well. It shows steps taken, flights of stairs, calories burned, miles traveled, and it records sleep patterns.
  • rhonniema
    Options
    I have both. I wear my FT4 for "real" exercise, and the Fitbit for the rest of the day.

Ditto, except I have a FT7.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit, simply for the fact that I can clip it to my pants or bra and nobody knows about it. No chest bands, big watches, armbands, etc. I was stalling on my weight loss but have lost nearly 10lbs in the month since I got it!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I love my bodymedia core! Will never be without it EVER...:laugh:
  • I HAVE A FIT BIT.. DON'T LIKE IT.. I GOT AN HRM FROM WALMART IT WORKS GREAT.. IT'S A WATCH NO CHEST STRAP
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my fitbit. It is a high end pedometer with alitmeter as well. It shows steps taken, flights of stairs, calories burned, miles traveled, and it records sleep patterns.

Love my fitbit! I had an MFP friend that just accidentally washed theirs and Fitbit replaced it for free! Love it - I have tried HRMs including Polar and did not like them. Would not go without my Fitbit! :heart: :heart:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I have a HRM and a Fitbit.

I like the fitbit because it reminds me to move my butt. I like to see the #of steps and miles walked in a day. So, yeah to me it's just a pedometer but it is pretty cool. I don't really rely on it for cals burned.

I wear my HRM when I'm exercising and use that to track the calories burned.
  • 911Megz
    Options
    I like my fitbit for all day wearing! and tracking my sleep! But it doesn't count accurate calories for most exercise! I bought the Polar FT4. It works great!
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Love my fitbit! I had an MFP friend that just accidentally washed theirs and Fitbit replaced it for free! Love it - I have tried HRMs including Polar and did not like them. Would not go without my Fitbit! :heart: :heart:

I hook mine onto my bra - I also got a cord attachment for it for $2 off Amazon in case I want to put it in my pocket
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love my bodymedia core! Will never be without it EVER...:laugh:

Thats what im looking into getting, are they really accurate?