does body by vi work?

Options

Replies

• lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BBV doesnt work for everyone. I know of 4 people that drank these shake.. 2 people didnt lose anything and they other 2 have lost quite a bit of weight by drinking 2 shakes and one sensible meal.
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BBV doesnt work for everyone. I know of 4 people that drank these shake.. 2 people didnt lose anything and they other 2 have lost quite a bit of weight by drinking 2 shakes and one sensible meal.

my mom isnt having much luck on them, i think alot of it depends on your body and stuff. I think alot of my weight is being lost due to major changes, but they shakes im sure is helping, and even if its not helping with the weight loss there is nothing wrong with all the vitamins and minerals that im getting from them daily :)
  • 1twistedjew
    1twistedjew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have done the 1200 calorie diets and for me it didn't work. It wasn't the calories that I was having trouble with but what I was eating. I did weight watchers and did well, but I had to trick my body to loose weight by changing up my calories intake on a daily basis. I would do 1500 one day, 1200 the next This last winter I started Paleo. I am finding that cutting out carbs for me, not from vegetables and no bread or milk has really made a difference for me. I would go crazy if I had to drink a liquid each day. I did medifast and felt tired and always had a headache with it. I average about 1500-1700 calories a day on Paleo eating lots of meat and vegetables. I feel great throughout the day and rarely hungry. Look at your diet and what you have eaten when you loose weight. I weigh myself daily and look at what I eat. If I am loosing more in one day I look at my water intake, my protein intake, etc. and try to rebalance my menu so that I stay in the fat burning mode that I need to.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Another thread filled by shills whose first post is to promote BBV. This alone should be cause for concern.
  • its4me
    its4me Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not going to go through and read all the post that are in here, I just wanted to make a comment. I pay for ALL of my BBV shakes, full price. And my family will continue to do so...even if we never lose another pound while taking it. I love that I am now walking/running 4 times a week. I love that when in a hurry, I can grab a shake on the go. I WILL NOT promote this to anyone other than to say, if it’s worth it, and you believe it works, then it will. Everyone needs their own type of motivation to keep going, and if this shake is what works for me, then why should anyone tell me any different?

My energy level has soared since I have been drinking my 2 shakes a day, AND eating 1600 OTHER calories on top of it. Yes, I still have days where I don’t feel like eating healthy or counting my calorie intake...but that is LIFE, and life continues no matter what we eat, don’t eat, drink, and don’t drink. It’s a lifestyle change to lose weight and to keep it off...and part of that change is learning how to be the new you.
    I don’t think anyone should ever make another person feel terrible because they are excited for what they are accomplishing. BBV is a healthy ADD IN to my every day.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Edited because this is an old post and I didn't realize it at first. Ugh.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im thinking of trying the body by Vi, i know alot of you are going to say that eating right and exercise will make me lose weight.... well that doesn't work for me, i am now on a 1200 calorie diet from a nutritionist that doesn't know what else to try for me. and even if i exercise i cant eat more then 1200 calories a day. Unfortunately that isnt working for me either. and yes i have had my thyroid checked. I am limited to the exercise i can do due to medical conditions but i NEED to lose weight because of my medical conditions.
    So with Eating a 1200 calorie diet with fruit veggies and healthy food and with exercising do you think the body by vi would work for me? I want honest opinions here, I would be using it for breakfast and lunch with a healthy supper by the canada food guide. Please let me know what you think.
    It's still gonna be 1200 calories, but now you've increased your bill with an extra $120 a month for a once a day shake. Go to an endocrinologist for a full check up on hormonal levels and metabolic rate check. You'll find out much more information about yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    i do have alot of medical conditions, i find the 1200 calorie diet hard to stick with, and also i know i should eat breakfast pretty much right after i wake up but i find that hard to do witch is why i want to try the shakes. some people say they work others say that they are just a bunch of bull.... i feel like ive tried everything and even my dr dont really know whats going on and why im not losing.
    Actually breakfast and meal timing is "old wives" myth. Actual research shows that total calories at the end of the day are what matter with weight loss.
    Personally I don't eat breakfast. In fact my first meal is after 12pm each day. I do eat up till 11:30pm each night which is why I'm not hungry till 12pm.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaaaah,,,,,,no
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaaaah,,,,,,no

truth
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do Body by Vi. I've been on it for two weeks and lost 5lbs (I have little to loose) and have lost a lot of inches. I like it. I stay full and have energy. That is me though. A lot of people are against it...But 85% of those people haven't tried it either. And everyone says you deal with pushy sells people when you do it...I haven't dealt with any and wasn't pressured into buying it.
    While it's a matter of choice to use it, the laws of thermodynamics are the same. You lose weight because of calorie deficit. If you aren't hungry, then you're not gonna eat which results in calorie "out" due to energy expenditure. Now the trick is how to not feel hungry without having to spend $120 each month to do it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im thinking of trying the body by Vi, i know alot of you are going to say that eating right and exercise will make me lose weight.... well that doesn't work for me, i am now on a 1200 calorie diet from a nutritionist that doesn't know what else to try for me. and even if i exercise i cant eat more then 1200 calories a day. Unfortunately that isnt working for me either. and yes i have had my thyroid checked. I am limited to the exercise i can do due to medical conditions but i NEED to lose weight because of my medical conditions.
    So with Eating a 1200 calorie diet with fruit veggies and healthy food and with exercising do you think the body by vi would work for me? I want honest opinions here, I would be using it for breakfast and lunch with a healthy supper by the canada food guide. Please let me know what you think.
    It's still gonna be 1200 calories, but now you've increased your bill with an extra $120 a month for a once a day shake. Go to an endocrinologist for a full check up on hormonal levels and metabolic rate check. You'll find out much more information about yourself.

IDEA Fitness member

I agree that it sounds like time for a second opinion or a new medical team to assess your situation.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    i have tried all different calorie intakes, my dr said i may have a VERY small window that i need to stay in between to lose weight, currently the nutritionist said the 1200 calorie one. im finding that one hard to follow as my medications tend to make me hungry and the nutritionist said i cant eat more then 6 servings of veggies a day. i have also tried a diet done up by a personal trainer being high protein as i was seeing him 3 times a week doing cardio and weigh training and in 6 weeks still didn't lose a pound. im seeming to be a medical mystery here lol
    By any chance are one of your meds prednisone?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I am on BBV and I have lost weight healthy and my diabetes are in controlled now. I replace two meals a day with a shake and you can flavor your shake how you like. I love it I went from an A1C of 10.2 to 6.4 in 3 months
    Some don't have $240 to spend on shakes a month along with regular food. ANY diet plan will work if one stays on it. 90% fail when they leave it. You can achieve the same results you did without it, since it's calorie deficit that made it happen.

IDEA Fitness member
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If by "work" you mean cost you a boatload of money doing something you can do without them, sure!

The whole eating right and exercising doesn't work for me bit in your OP is an excuse to be lazy and avoid learning about nutrition and avoiding responsibility for your health and fitness.

Your body is a machine, like billions of other mschines on the planet.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Agree with previous poster about using the MFP log --- looked at your last week - it's basically empty ... hard for folks to give decent advice without seeing what you are doing.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Does Body By Vi Work? For some, yes and for some, no. I'm a health and fitness consultant in the Lake Tahoe area, as of today I have around 8 of my clients out of 37 currently on the 90 day body by vi challenge. It,s definitely working for 5 of them and other 3 not so much which leads me to believe they are cheating on their diet, how do I know? They told me. My perspective on the product is a definite positive, the nutrition in one 12 ounce shake is amazing however if you cheat on the program then what,s the point. People need to take a step back and understand the big picture which is obesity in America and the health care cost associated with it, we are paying for it and it,s only going worse, I guess what I,m trying to say is that any company that promote,s a healthy lifestyle and weight loss get,s my vote with a big thumbs up.

Google "obesity in America" and you might have a different opinion on weight loss products.
    Practically ALL diet programs promote that though. They have a "maintenance" plan, however it usually includes still using their products. So when people get to goal or close, they abandon the product to save money and BAM!, weight regain happens because they still didn't know how consume food with just.................................food. Promoting a lifestyle should be one where the person knows they can do it for life. Not just for weight loss.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I am not going to go through and read all the post that are in here, I just wanted to make a comment. I pay for ALL of my BBV shakes, full price. And my family will continue to do so...even if we never lose another pound while taking it. I love that I am now walking/running 4 times a week. I love that when in a hurry, I can grab a shake on the go. I WILL NOT promote this to anyone other than to say, if it’s worth it, and you believe it works, then it will. Everyone needs their own type of motivation to keep going, and if this shake is what works for me, then why should anyone tell me any different?

My energy level has soared since I have been drinking my 2 shakes a day, AND eating 1600 OTHER calories on top of it. Yes, I still have days where I don’t feel like eating healthy or counting my calorie intake...but that is LIFE, and life continues no matter what we eat, don’t eat, drink, and don’t drink. It’s a lifestyle change to lose weight and to keep it off...and part of that change is learning how to be the new you.
    I don’t think anyone should ever make another person feel terrible because they are excited for what they are accomplishing. BBV is a healthy ADD IN to my every day.
    No one saying it doesn't work as a program. ALL programs work when followed. Cost is another issue. 2 shakes at full price for one is $240 a month. For some that's gas and electric for the home.

IDEA Fitness member
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of medical issues and should not be asking for advice here. Most of these people aren't medically trained and don't realize what you're dealing with and how these types of issues can inhibit weight loss. If you were perfectly healthy you would be losing loads of weight doing what you're doing, but you have some hurdles here and you're going to have to work harder than other people to get results. Keep workting with your doctor and nutritionalist. Ask THEM about Body by Vi, and follow their advice. Personally, I think it is a waste of your money, but if they give you the ok and you feel good about trying it out, then go for it.

Good luck. You'll figure out what works, but please, with your medical issues, do not ask untrained people for advice with this. Don't put your health in the hands of randoms on the internet! Like I said, if you were starting with just a weight issue that would be one thing, but you have a lot of problems that mass majority of people on these boards are not equipped to handle, and obviously can't comprehend.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    I just want to say that you might want a different nutritionist. Just to point out, she said for you to eat below your bmr (1200 cals) and NOT eat back cals burnt? And she knows you are doing cardio? And knows you have a heart problem? WHY would anyone tell you to eat 1200 cals, what id you burnt 900 with your cardio, how would your heart and vital organs handle 300 cals a day??? omg this is so unsafe for you. I would get a second opinion before she puts too much stress on your heart.