Exercise at home

Options
Does anyone have any thoughts or idea's on working out at home? I am looking for some good dvd's that provide enough cardio, but won't take up a lot of time. I also live in an apartment so I have to be careful with the about of "jumping around' I do. I have tried working out at the gym, but I feel uncomfortable being there. Any idea will be of great help to me.

Replies

• Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There are other posts on this if you search the forums.

Also you can just google it or search amazon and youtube, there are tons. Depends on what you're looking for.

Currently i am doing Jillian Michaels banish fast boost metabolism and no more trouble zones
    Jillian has alot of dvds, also the 30 day shred which is popular and i think its under 30mins.

Bob harpers inside out method dvds are good.
    There re biggest loser dvds, zumba dvds, chris powell has dvds......
    Jillians stuff is on youtube for free

If you have a wii or other game system, there are some good fitness games out. Zumba, biggest loser.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I HAVE THE ZUMBA THE TAE BO THOSE ARE REALLY FUN AND USALLY 30 MIN
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com has tons of video clips & reviews. You can search for low impact - this means 1 foot is on the ground at all times. This will be "quieter."

Jillian videos feature high impact stuff .... you will have to modify the moves unless your neighbors are not home.

I like Walk at Home videos .... these are low impact, take very little space. To bump these up you will need some light handweights.

Kickboxing (or TaeBo) should be low impact ... checkout Ilaria or Billy Blanks (This is Tae Bo ... new & excellent)

More intense than .... but still low impact is step aerobics. Cathe Basic Step is a good starter. There are high impact routines too.
  • BrandiKitchin
    Options
    Thank you very much for your ideas!! I will do a search when I get home! Much appreciated
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i live in a condo, with people under me and i jump.....
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do zumba personally which i find to be very good, but for very short high impact workouts loadsa people on here recommend 30 day shred and other things by Jillian. There are SO many fitness vids out there to caty from beginners to hardcore fitness addicts, i'm sure you'll find something! Def try to incorperate some strength exercises as well as cardio, like doing a kettlebell or weight dvd, or doing lots of push ups and such like (search for strength training at home)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Any calisthenics routine with some intensity will work. Check out the book You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren. Insanity/P90x/Beachbody vids will all work. Insanity has a lot of jumping exercises though so you might piss off your downstairs neighbor with that one.
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you cant beat CATHE FRIEDRICH.. she has awesome workouts, I'm doing her STS right now and love it. I also love Turbofire and Chalean Extreme. you can watch clips on utube or collage video. Cathe, in my opinion, cant be beat as far as strength training goes.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like Jackie's Xtreme Timesaver Workout. I got the DVD on Amazon for less than $10. It's a strength/cardio combo workout and you will need hand weights. I started out with 3 pound and over several weeks have worked up to 5 pound weights. I like it because it is only 30 minutes and gives me a solid workout. My heart rate monitor says I burn about 230 calories but the real benefit is the effect the strength exercise has had on my body shape. Good luck to you!