Bachelorette party this weekend - Need a GAME PLAN!

Options
I'm headed out of town for a friends bachelorette party tomorrow and would love some advice on how to "stay good"

I'm already hoping to squeeze in a good, calorie burning workout in the morning and to make smart (and salady) choices while eating out but my big concern is the alcohol! I don't really drink much at all and especially when I'm trying to loose weight b/c I'm not interested in the empty calories...but I'd like to have a little fun (first over-night away from my 8 month old- eek!)

Any tips for "drinking smart"??

THANKS!

Replies

• katiewcurlz
    Options
    *BUMP*

I'm attending an "epic" bachelorette party this weekend! Help! My willpower when out with girlfriends shrinks by the second. How do you stay strong and not consume all those empty calories? What I've thought of so far:

1. Rotate water with drinks (duh)
    2. Eat a good healthy meal before going out
    3. Workout sometime during the day

Any other tips???
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    there is a web site called get drunk not fat you could check out
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a party this next week -- I enlisted the help of a friend who is also trying to drop some lbs. she and I agreed that we would be accountable to each other. also, my secret weapon is club soda with lime. When at the bar, drinking this makes it look like I am having a true cocktail, and I less "why aren't you drinking? You need to drink with us!".
  • Culley34
    Options
    Yes- rotating drinks with water is the best thing you can do.

Also, not sure what you drink, but if its liquor-- mix it with soda water, instead of coke or juice-- which has extra calories.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just go out and ENJOY !!! It is your celebration !!!
    And make sure you have that designated driver !
  • heatherk0908
    heatherk0908 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    mixed drinks with diet soda. My favorite is diet coke and red stag. Don't quote me on the calories but I think a shot of red stag is 60-70 calories and of course Diet coke is zero.

You could also do sugar free red bull and vodka.

Light beer and wine (not super sweet wines) are fairly low in calories compared to sugary drinks like margaritas.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would seriously go out and enjoy yourself. Workout when you can
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    mixed drinks with diet soda. My favorite is diet coke and red stag. Don't quote me on the calories but I think a shot of red stag is 60-70 calories and of course Diet coke is zero.

You could also do sugar free red bull and vodka.

Light beer and wine (not super sweet wines) are fairly low in calories compared to sugary drinks like margaritas.

If you're worried about having too many calories, hard alcohol with diet soda is the way to go. Usually a shot is about 100ish calories, so it is manageable if you drink a single shot with some soda. Plus, since you don't drink often, you will be able to get quite a buzz off the hard alcohol, so you won't have to drink quite as many mixed drinks!

Stay away from beer unless you go the "Light" route, especially stay away from ales (although they are my favorite. Mmm) because they can run up to 200 calories per pint and can make you feel not very drunk at all.

Have fun! Be safe!