Newbie Here!

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello everyone. I'm new to myfitnesspal.com as of today Sept. 4. I love what I see here! I was just about to go back to WW when a good friend of mine told me about this website. I'm soooo glad she did. I just posted what I ate today although I know it isn't in the guidelines of my diet. I just wanted to get use to the different tools, adding my foods, etc. I do have a question. Is there a way to manually enter the calories, fat, protein, especially if the package you just ate from doesn't show the same calorie, fat, protein, numbers as indicated in food selection section of this website. I hope I make sense here. Can someone help please?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome!

To add a food:

When you click "Add Food" in your Food Diary, and you don't find what you need, scrol down and you'll see "Can't find what you're looking for? Add a food to the database." http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/search

Add the food.

There is a "Help" feature here on the site, too - at the top of every page on the right top corner you'll see "Help"......http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help
  • claporte69
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie too..just started yesterday.
  • LeanNTrim
    LeanNTrim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help cmriverside...it's really appreciated! And welcome claporte69...we can and will do this!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I have been on here about a month and have lost about 12 lbs so far. It is a great tool to see what you are really doing! Good luck to you!
  • Bobbie47952
    Options
    Welcome to the neighborhood. We can all get healthy together!
  • javabetti
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too, as of Saturday! So far I have gone over my caloric limit each day but am making better food choices and am loving the site.