Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Give yourself credit

As we struggle with our weight loss we tend to be hard on ourselves. The moment we stray, we become self-critical, instead of viewing slips as mistakes and thinking about how we can solve the problem the next time it arises. We tell ourselves that we're weak, hopeless, or even bad.

Instead we should be giving ourselves credit for all the good things we do or have done. The 1000 meals we ate the correct calories, fat and carbs. No we harp on the one meal that we over indulged in and beat ourselves up. We need to build an awareness that we're strong and in control. We can do this and we will do this.

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Wise AND cute...
  • I read somewhere on here awhile back that said "There are 365 days in a year. If you are AWESOME on 300 of those days, and not so awesome the other 65, you are still AWESOME!" Something like that. It stuck with me. So I totally agree with you!! :)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Posting to bump for later encouragement I know I'll need! This is so true. As soon as I figure out that I don't need to punish myself for anything I'm doing it will be so much easier on me. :)
  • I think we should remember not to say something to our self or about our self that we wouldn't say to someone else. I would never tell my loved ones (or a stranger or a not so loved one) he/she is a big fat loser or useless. Why would I say this to myself? I still do but I try to remind myself not to.....it's hard not to be hard on ourselves
  • UWWYellowbaby
    UWWYellowbaby Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks Jer. It's good to be reminded of this at anytime. But it's great to be reminded now. Thanks for the support!
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    I read somewhere on here awhile back that said "There are 365 days in a year. If you are AWESOME on 300 of those days, and not so awesome the other 65, you are still AWESOME!" Something like that. It stuck with me. So I totally agree with you!! :)

love this! Thanks for sharing!