Jillian's detox & cleanse...

Options

Replies

• skinnygirl22
    Options
    i am excited to hear about the results as well..

or any other products that anyone has used...
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Staying away from the heated part of this thread and just answering questions. Well I do want to say, I was not looking for a quick fix. I have had success doing this the proper way with tons of exercise and proper diet. I did howerever had felt like since october that things were not right In my tummy. I just want to get things moving again.
    It was not harsh at all and I wasn't in the bathroom constantly. It did make me go but only about 1x a day and before I could go almost 3 days without going. It was predictable even as to when I would go. Yes , I lost weight, nothing to write home about and yes I know it wasn't actual fat I was losing , but I didn't do it for that reason. So yes if anyone asks me I say try it if your thinking about it.
    Today was day 7. Its a 7 day cleanse.
  • valerie33
    valerie33 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my close friend did it, she lost 4 lbs within a week. But she also had just started w cutting back her calories, (1,200 a day) so, hard to say if it was the "cleanse" or the calorie cut back!

btw tammi CONGRATS!!!!! You deserve it, its a hard road, u look great ~ i like how u said "it was tons of exercise and proper diet" Hard work pays off!! I started on here at 209 got down 128 (loosing 81lbs) but then put back on some. SO back on here again, round 2 and this time its FOR GOOD!!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my comment is one that is considered heated, that wasn't my intention. I just think people need to realize just because a celebrity endorses something or has their own products doesn't mean it's a great one.
    As far as a 'cleanse' goes, couldn't just drinking a lot of water and eating clean, only whole foods help detox your body of the not so good stuff?
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    Just adding my 2 cents to the pile; there's no scientific justification for any "cleanse" system. They won't aid you in fat loss process, and they won't get rid of any extra "buildup" as there's no extra buildup to get rid of.

That being said, they do have some level of placebo effect, and if that gives someone the motivation they need to get on track with healthy eating, it's probably not all bad. In just 7 days, you're unlikely to cause much serious harm to your health or progress. At worst, you'll slow down your metabolism for a while and won't get to your goals as quickly as you would have without the systems.
  • kmb79
    kmb79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I cleanse on a regular basis. For me, it is incredibly helpful. Since I started about two years ago, my skin has transformed, my cycles have regulated, and I'm getting better results from my supplements. These improved supplement results are evident in the texture of my hair, the strong health of my fingernails, my energy level and mental cognition. I am a zealous advocate of regular cleansing. But if you decide to start, make a commitment to keep it up and do it responsibly. Use it as a baseline to get yourself into an improved state of health, rather than to "flush fat." Cut calories to flush fat. I absolutely disagree with the notion that "eating well" will have the same effect as a cleanse. For the most part, we have very little information about the origin of the food we eat these days. Cleansing and supplementing gives you great control over this.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my comment is one that is considered heated, that wasn't my intention. I just think people need to realize just because a celebrity endorses something or has their own products doesn't mean it's a great one.
    As far as a 'cleanse' goes, couldn't just drinking a lot of water and eating clean, only whole foods help detox your body of the not so good stuff?

yup, detox and cleansing products are pretty much a scam IMO. Just eat clean and drink lots of water.
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    I just purchased the 14 day cleanse. I am very well aware that this product with Jillians face or without her face is no miracle nor am I using this product to drop a bunch of weight in a short period of time. I will keep you posted on what I think about the product.
  • SnakePlissken
    SnakePlissken Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My favorite name of a real cleanse product is Colon Blow.
    Go to their website Colonblow.com for a laugh.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Wasnt' that an SNL skit?
  • SnakePlissken
    SnakePlissken Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wasnt' that an SNL skit?

It was,..... and these guys stole the name for their product.
    I'm sure if you went to youtube you could find the skit. It was very funny.
  • faile486
    faile486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry - I'm not trying to take my frustration at the industry out on people in this forum. It's a topic I happen to feel very passionate about, but I'm not angry at anyone here. Not angry, but I do enjoy debating = )

Toxins do not build up in your system. Your body has an AMAZINGLY effective cleansing mechanism already in place. All your body's organ systems work together to PREVENT the build up of toxins. If they are building up you've got a serious problem that requires emergency medical care. Your kidneys or liver may be failing. No amount of $20 dollar products will help. Otherwise, why not simply let your body do what it was designed to do?

Jillian might believe in this product, as might others. The ONLY benefit this product provides is due to the fact that those who use it believe in it. There is no scientific or medical evidence that supports any kind of 'cleansing'.

I'm not trying to be adversarial here - simply state my opinion. For those who think the products work, why? Have you done any research on the issue? Can you point to any studies that show they are beneficial? How do you know it isn't just a placebo effect?
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    can I ask what cleansing product you use?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

If any of this 'miracle' crap actually worked, none of us would be here in the first place, right?

i don't think any of us are looking for a miracle, we know how we gained weight, we know now that the only way to lose it and keep it off is to eat right and start moving. I find it hard to believe that Jillian Michaels would put her name on something that was dangerous or a gimmick.

she actually does it a lot. Whether it's because she signed a bad contract, or she actually believes in this stuff, I don't know, but she puts her name on all kinds of horrible gimmicky stuff, she even has fat burning pills, more junk (I've looked at the ingredients, mostly caffine and a synthetic ephedrine that has as yet never been proven in a clinical setting to actually work).
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    FYI:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/worst-diets-ever-diets-that-dont-work

main stream doctors generally don't believe in detox diets. OK, maybe you will find one or two here and there that will advocate them, but the community as a whole doesn't. I'm not going to tell you how to live, but if you believe the main stream medical community has credibility, why not make an appointment with a gastroenterologist and ask if they are worth the money? I'm pretty sure I already know what most will say, but really, don't take my word for it. Find someone with a medical degree from an accredited university, and just ask!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    To add on to what theraymiles said - there is actually no 'sludge' to lose in your intestines or colon. It's just a gimmick to bilk people out of money. You should ALWAYS research products like this online, thoroughly, before using them. That doesn't mean visiting the product website, or going off of what other people have said or experienced online - it means looking for legitimate medical or scientific information on the product, from an independent peer reviewed source.
    You have proof of this?
    So when someone has irregular BM's. Where does it magically go?.. or when they go once every 5 days, it clears them of 5 days worth of food that they ate?:noway:
  • thumper44
    Options
    I cleanse on a regular basis. For me, it is incredibly helpful. Since I started about two years ago, my skin has transformed, my cycles have regulated, and I'm getting better results from my supplements. These improved supplement results are evident in the texture of my hair, the strong health of my fingernails, my energy level and mental cognition. I am a zealous advocate of regular cleansing. But if you decide to start, make a commitment to keep it up and do it responsibly. Use it as a baseline to get yourself into an improved state of health, rather than to "flush fat." Cut calories to flush fat. I absolutely disagree with the notion that "eating well" will have the same effect as a cleanse. For the most part, we have very little information about the origin of the food we eat these days. Cleansing and supplementing gives you great control over this.
    I agree, it is incredibly helpful - to be not bloated, to be able to have regular 2-3 BM's a day. I've known several women who have had their cramps reduced severely and had regular cycles after taking the herbs.

Obviously cleansing has a bad rap, with all the products out there, and the bad advertising. They do work . When your body is not processing the food properly for YEARS, you've had bad bowel movements for years. Your liver and kidney are over worked for years. Eating healthy will help for sure. But sometimes you can have added help.

We have GOOD bacteria and there are alot of BAD bacteria that get into the body. Yes we want to keep the good bacteria, but the BAD bacteria is why people get sick, food posioning.

I've been taking Awareness Experience - 6 herbs to make the recipe , Gentle cleanse -.Does it work.. OH I KNOW it works.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

You have proof of this?
    So when someone has irregular BM's. Where does it magically go?.. or when they go once every 5 days, it clears them of 5 days worth of food that they ate?:noway:

waste material and "sludge" are two different concepts. Sludge denoting waste that isn't or won't move and is building up over a long term period.

I would submit to you that is someone has "irregular" BM's and/or doesn't go but once every 5 days, they have problems and need to go see a doctor, that's neither normal, nor is it healthy, and it's NOT something a cleanse (unless prescribed by a doctor) would be the cure for.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I agree, it is incredibly helpful - to be not bloated, to be able to have regular 2-3 BM's a day. I've known several women who have had their cramps reduced severely and had regular cycles after taking the herbs.

Obviously cleansing has a bad rap, with all the products out there, and the bad advertising. They do work . When your body is not processing the food properly for YEARS, you've had bad bowel movements for years. Your liver and kidney are over worked for years. Eating healthy will help for sure. But sometimes you can have added help.

We have GOOD bacteria and there are alot of BAD bacteria that get into the body. Yes we want to keep the good bacteria, but the BAD bacteria is why people get sick, food posioning.

I've been taking Awareness Experience - 6 herbs to make the recipe , Gentle cleanse -.Does it work.. OH I KNOW it works.

ok these are all reasons to go see a doctor, not do a cleanse. Why would you risk your health, how do you know there's not something more serious going on?
  • thumper44
    Options
    You have proof of this?
    waste material and "sludge" are two different concepts. Sludge denoting waste that isn't or won't move and is building up over a long term period.
    I agree with that comment. Waste that doesn't move after xx amount of days can turn to sludge that won't move?
    I would submit to you that is someone has "irregular" BM's and/or doesn't go but once every 5 days, they have problems and need to go see a doctor, that's neither normal, nor is it healthy, and it's NOT something a cleanse (unless prescribed by a doctor) would be the cure for.
    I agree, and disagree.

For the record, i'm not saying all cleanses work the same, and I don't agree that all are safe.

There are many many people who have "irregular " BM's . That's why people are searching for answers. Yes a healthy diet and drink lots of water, and they shouldn't have that problem. I totally agree.

It didn't happen over night.

Alot of these people might be embarrassed to go to the doctor, or they don't think they really have a problem because "well they go after xx days, that's just me" or they're slightly constipated and believe that's "just me" or that's how my parent was etc.

Let's use someone that goes every 2 days as an example. That's a problem, yes I agree.
    Do people go to the doctor because they don't go every 2 days? probably not. Are they getting rid of all the food that they've eaten in the last 48 hours in that one bowel movement? probably not.

So at some point isn't this waste turning into sludge?

What about the people who can't have a BM in public, or at a friends place, or at work.
    What about the people who work shift work, and their body gets totally screwed up.
    Someone who's driving all day or a position at work that makes then unable to leave their work.

When these people need to go, and they are not at home, or can't see a spot to visibly go they hold it. Then when break time comes, or they get home from work. There is no need to go anymore, or when they do go, they don't empty completely. We all know/hears about people that sit and wait 10-15 miins or more, you know, reading waiting. But they finally got rid of something, so.. They think they had a BM, so it's not a problem)

Doctors prescribing medicine.
    Sometimes that's another reason why people can't have a BM Tylenol 3 for example bungs people up. I'm sure there are alot more medicines that do.

Taking a cleanse without prescribed by a doctor.

Networking is a great thing.
    People telling others their story, whether it be word of mouth, newspaper, on tv, or internet.

People talk about something that taste good, they're happy they tell others.
    They get a product of any kind that they're happy with it, they tell others.

So when I know lots of people have had this cleanse and it works properly and people are feeling better, I want to share the info.
    There are quite a few doctors that are involved with this product and do prescribe it to their patients.

This product Awareness Experience is also listed in the Physicians desk reference for nonprescription drugs and dietary supplements

I'm not sure if we should continue this subject in this topic or not. Not wanting to hijack the OP's subject.