Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New here but Ive been on Earth 43 years eating its bounty!

I actually wouldn't be shocked of I was the cause of some poor species extinction via consumption!

OK, wait...yea, that's me. The funny "fat guy". I don't want to be that anymore! I mean I like being funny and light-hearted but not for the sake of covering up the pain of obesity. I want to have a physical life I can enjoy for a change. Asa former athlete there's nothing worse that "being done". I feel like I've been done for about 7 years now. Hereditary arthritis and some other preventable ailments have made me feel like doing nothing was the best I could do. No more! I've been walking some pretty nice distances trying my damnedest to get back in some sort of shape other than round! I have no delusions of grandeur about becoming an athlete again, but I just want to do something again. Anyway, My friend "Fallenangelloves" recommended me here and I am looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

North Texas holla!!! :)
Ken

Replies

• drsmithtft
    drsmithtft Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome.e from Ennis, Tx. Good luck and hang in there.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 494 Member
    Welcome!!! Sounds like you are well on your way to success already! Just being BETTER is an awesome goal. Best of luck!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Welcome! This is the place to be. I am finally not the fat person, either, and it feels great!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Welcome from Lake Worth, TX......if I can do it, you can too :)
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    I can vouch that losing some weight will help your knees and back!!! I'm falling apart too :happy:
  • Welcome. I'm new here as well, but we will try to keep you on track. You are well on your way though on your own... positive thoughts is half the battle (granted the easier half). Good luck and I look forward to hearing your success story. :drinker:
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    Welcome! Love to eat myself, that's why i started running, to eat and drink LOL.. Don't worry you'll be fine... feel free to add me.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Howdy from Montana. Feel free to add me if you want. I have arthritis and have had multiple leg operations which made me very inactive but I am moving a lot now and my primary activity is walking.