Michelle Obamarms! Want them, need them.

Options
So ... I'm watching the DNC, and Michelle Obama is speaking. While I'm trying to pay attention to her speech, I keep getting distracted by her arms. They're amazing. They're defined, but feminine. Any recommendations on upper body workouts to get defined and feminine shoulders?

Replies

• lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    She does p90x!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Really? Because I do, too. I don't have those bad boys.
  • valmb2
    valmb2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was just watching this and thinking the same thing! :)
  • lambch0ps
    Options
    I just finished round 1 - me either - but I think they are under there somewhere - hoping they'll pop out after the next 10 lbs!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options

You also don't have a fitness trainer, a full gym and a world class chef to prepare nutritious, low fat meals at your beck and call either, I'm assuming? Because you can bet she does.
  • lambch0ps
    Options

You also don't have a fitness trainer, a full gym and a world class chef to prepare nutritious, low fat meals at your beck and call either, I'm assuming? Because you can bet she does.

She pretty much looked like that 4 years ago - I think she mostly has been blessed with killer shoulders and guns.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Kettle Bell swings.
  • allyjoy83
    Options

But I do. She posts on this board as allyjoy83. Besides, I refuse to believe that in order for someone to have a great physique, they have to have an extremely privileged lifestyle. Not to mention, she's the effing first lady. I doubt she spends a whole lot of time just working out in the Whitehouse on the treadmill all day. She's busy trying to keep kids from getting fat.

Back to suggestions? I'm confused about the kettle bell workouts. Back when I paid someone to kick my bum to workout, he tried to get me on the kettle bell. I never felt like I had any control. Any tips?
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    She said once she does like ninety of those evil little arm circles...remember those? From gym class? With five pound weights.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Push ups for your shoulders, kick backs for the back of upper arms, 21's for biceps and swimming for overall shape is working for me, oh and lots of crunches!
    When you do your weights, tense your muscles as you get to the high point in order to get the most out of the exercise.
    Might be more about your form when exercising than what you are doing?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    her arms look pretty average? I don't get it?

But do some overhead press. for shoulders. Pendlay rows + bench press for your arms. Throw dips and pullups in.

You'll be set.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    OMG this is what i said to my trainer the other week!
  • allyjoy83
    Options
    her arms look pretty average? I don't get it?

::ahem::

Exhibit A

u-s-first-lady-michelle-obama-smiles-as-she-arrives-to-address-delegates-during-the-first-session-of-the-democratic-national-convention-in-charlotte-north-carolina-september-4-2012.jpg?w=614

Thanks for the responses, though! :smile:
  • rockgodss
    Options
    Hello! I would humbly recommend Jillian Michaels' DVD 'No More Trouble Zones'. (I bought it for pretty cheap, used on amazon.com) I've been doing this one as well as a few of her others for a few months now and I love the way my arms and shoulders look. They respond really well to this workout, and you only use two small dumbbells.