Tomorrow is the 1st day of the rest of my life!

Options
Hi. My name is Amy. I am 35 and I am a mommy of 2 amazing kids who need their mommy around for the long haul. My son is 4 and my daughter is 18months and both def a BIG part of why I need to do this. I am starting my journey sadly weighting in at 378lbs. I'm not even sure how I got here. I was never the thinnest person but I still don't know how I got so out of control. I refuse to let my kids watch me die and I know if I don't do something soon that could be a scary reality for me. So here is to HARD HARD work. Here is to NEVER looking at the number 378 again. Here is to my life and my health. He is to my hubby who would love a healthier wife and a healthier family...and Last and my most important motivation at this point...Here is to 2 amazin babies who need their mommy. Heres to watching my babies grow up and teaching them to eat right and excercise :-)

Would love any support, friends help and encouragement!!

Replies

• BleauBlayzes
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I'll do my best to support you! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingExtraLyssa
    Options
    Hey Amy!
    My name is Lissa (like Melissa), First things first, WELCOME!! You did it! You made the first step which is always the hardest to do. I haven't been on here long but I want to help others like others have been helping me! I am here for any support or advice about food. I have been on a weightloss journey for what seems like forever. My family is full of Iron Man runners and healthy-ness... well shorta they all eat what they want when they want. But I am the sore thumb sad to say, but I want to make a heathly life style as well. Like I said earlier, I can help with some food adive or some great work outs if you need them as a starter!! Good Luck, and remember one day at a time. Don't jump ahead and think how far you have to go, think how far you've already come :)
  • nesmythe
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy!
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Woah. That sounds just great. I think it's awesome that you know that you want to better your health for not only yourself but your loved ones. I'll add you for sure for all the support and encouragement you need. So happy that you are wanting to change your life for the better!!!
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, welcome to MFP!! You have already made a huge step...Remember it's not going to be easy..You didn't put on the weight overnight,nor will it fall off overnight. Be prepared to eat well and workout and the scales not budge..I will do my best to encourage you and feel free to add me as a friend. Wishing you the best on your new journey...One day at a time...Just focus on that, nothing else...Make small wise choices and remember after the rain comes the rainbow:)
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy
    And you have already made the first good choice so may many more to follow ..feel free to add
  • SInder2
    SInder2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi- Love the attitude! Feel free to friend me. I love to work out, but make poor food choices so am really working on eating healthy. Would love to have more friends to go down this path together.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step toward the new you and the rest of your life! I'm new to MFP, but not as new to the weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey. Always remember that this is a lifelong journey so while we will have goals along the way, this is about the journey...each and every step in each and every day.

You can add me as well if you'd like.
    120111 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy, please add me as a friend. I need you just as much as you need me...I am struggling can't get it right...Trying to start on the right track tomorrow as well...Have a great 1st day!
  • juliette28
    Options
    Hi Amy! Welcome! You are going to love this site! I just started myself about a month ago, and I have found that logging in everyday (even on the rough days when you fall off the wagon a bit) is the best approach. I love reading about other people's success stories and getting support from people who have transformed their lives. Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am also at the very beginning o fmy journey! Learning about food and exercise every day! So much information out there, it can be quiet overwhelming! I commend you for taking the step to reassess life and to fight to live a happy, healthy and long life. I wish you the very best on this journey.. it won't be easy but it will be damn worth it! Let's get this party started!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard - but don't wait till tomorrow - get started today!!
  • KatGalr
    Options
    I'm new too! Feel free to add me!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome Amy, first of all congratulations for taking the first step realizing how important our health to our babies. Just like you, I am a mother of two a 5 year old and a 20 month old. Unlike you, I became a mother at a later age, not by choice but we were'nt blessed right away. So physically I want to be able to enjoy them growing up. I made a choice to be become healthy and will not stop until I reach my goal! It's not about dieting...it's changing lifestyle and I'm committed. Thanks to my friends here at MFP!

We are here to encourage and motivate you. Feel free to add me as one of your support friends :D
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You have this in the bag Amy:wink:
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you set your mind to it. Good luck girl stay strong and rock this!!! feel free to add me
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy ~ love your perspective! Feel free to add me as a friend ~ you have a fantastic mindset & with all of the support you can find on MFP you will do just fine. Stay in the day & you will be amazed at the physical & emotional transformation that begins to take place with time.
  • Narisong
    Options
    Hi Amy and welcome to the rest of your life :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I started this journey at 353 lbs a little over 400 days ago. The pieces of advise I want to offer you are to take it slow and don't try to do everything at one time. Start with an easy walk.. around the block, around your house, just start moving more.. heck, go shopping :-) The most important thing is to start eating less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff.. I know for me that was my biggest problem, it wasn't really all about the types of foods I was eating but it was about the portion sizes I was eating. I realize now that I was eating enough food for myself and my husband and the kid next door at EVERY meal. I snacked (often) and just generally ate way to many calories. and finally.. log EVERYTHING you eat.. good day, bad day.. log it . Be accountable to yourself. Don't cheat yourself by saying oh.. just this one piece of chocolate .. I don't need to log it.. but that is really part of the journey to log it all, the good the bad and the ugly :glasses:

As you eat better foods and lesser amounts of food you will see the weight start to come off and then you can start doing more exercise.. more walking, more swimming, more of whatever you decide to do to move more. As of today we are on day 18 of 30 Day Shred.. at 353 lbs I laughed when I saw the video and said I would never be able to do that.. but I AM doing it now at 253 lbs but that didn't happen overnight it's been 400 plus days.

One more thing I just thought of.. take all the advise you see on the boards with a grain of salt.. do you own research and don't just believe something because someone says it on here, there are many people who don't have a clue what they are talking about. if you see something interesting.. research it, find the studies that support it, etc :happy:

I know that if I can do this.. ANYONE can do this !!