Help me back on the WAGON!! :)

Options
Hi there, I've been on this site since Feb of this year and lost 20lbs for a wedding I was gonna be a bridesmaid in, the Wedding was in June and I fell off the wagon shortly after slowly gained back 8-10lbs its varied. Not looking for judgments just support.

Replies

• jesjosep
    Options
    Well hop back on! We're all on this journey together so I'd be glad to help :)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new to this site, but from what I'm seeing, there is tons of support and no judging. We're all on the same journey, trying to improve ourselves and our lives.

6 years ago I lost 65 lbs in 9 months. Due to a knee injury I was forced to quit working out for almost a year and then after that I lost all motivation and ended up gaining back about 40 of those pounds. I'm now close to getting all of that off yet again and hope that this time I will be able to be successful keeping it off.

I've learned a lot in my years of going back and forth, but what I've learned more than anything is that no one is invincible and we all have to work continually at making our lives better.

Get back on that wagon and keep pushing forward, there's no need to look back!
  • miraalaj
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too.I'm hopping back on starting tomorrow.Wll eat healthier,and start the Insanity program.Hoping to lose 25 pds.
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    we have all fall off but it is up to you to pick your self up and try again. I fell too but now I am back.
  • Self_Control_Freak
    Options
    I think it's important not to dwell on our past mistakes. The past is the past. Your real power is now. You can change now. And when now becomes the past, you'll be glad you did.

At the same time, I think we can learn as much from our mistakes as our successes. In a healthy way, it can be interesting to look at why we fail. Identifying our triggers can be helpful. Also, it can be good to identify circumstances that contribute to "falling off the wagon."

A little introspection, without judging yourself, might lead to an insight that will help you today or tomorrow.

Good for you for getting back at it. You're my hero!
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day! My boyfriend just helped me add up how many calories I ate in just one day this weekend & it was seriously frightening ~ but we were on vacation!!! It is what it is ... better that you catch it now than later & welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you can afford one, get a fitbit ($95ish on amazon.com)! The best motivator ever for keeping me " on the wagon". It really motivates you to get up and move so you can meet the goals it gives you on the website. I apparently raved about it so much that my mom and aunt got one too! :) For me it was the best purchase ever.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Add me. Defineltly for support. Who has the right to judge? We are all here for the same purpose. You just had a minor set back. Hey, that happens. You're on the right track now.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A few months I was where you are at now!!! You can do it!!!
  • KatGalr
    Options
    feel free to add!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    In 2007 I did weight watchers from April to Nov and lost 68 pounds (from 312 down to 244.) I was gonna take the holidays off and restart in Jan 08 which I never did. Over the following 4 years I gained it all back. Then I hurt my back in April 2011 and gained another 10-15 lbs! I have also put on at least 5 lbs in the last year, I think just because I so comfortable in my relationship with my fiancee.

But you know what? I learned from it. It took me losing 68 lbs and regaining it all and then some to learn that if I don't want this to be for nothing that I have to make PERMANENT changes. Some lessons I wish I had learned before gaining the weight back:

1. You can't go off the diet. No sabbiticals from weightloss efforts. When I do that I lose momentum. It's the difference for me between getting a running start or not.
    2. I can have a party day every now and then, like a birthday or holiday, but I can't string 2 bad days together. 1 party day is ok. 2 is not.
    3. An injury is not an excuse to give up. Last week I threw out my back again for 4 or 5 days but it didn't stop me from working out. Sure, I had limitations so I didn't aggravate my injury further but I didn't let my sore back turn me into a couch potato.
    4. LOVE doesn't weigh anything. I'm so happy and comfortable in my relationship with my fiancee that our first year together I put on anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs. Just because he finds my curves sexy and loves me no matter what, doesn't mean I can let myself go. He's so proud of me now. And he deserves a sexy bride!

Of course I wish I hadn't regained it. I would have been happy to start at 244 on this journey instead of 330. But if that's what it took to teach me a lesson, so be it. I don't have to make this mistake ever again. Lesson learned! So i have picked myself up, dusted myself off, and set my sights on my goal. 31 pounds down, 139 to go! I won't let anything stop me this time.
  • krae84
    krae84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hop back on my friend! I fell off too I'll add you :) i lost 75 lbs and 30 found their way back. You can do it!!!
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the wagon now too! :) I lost about 17 pounds (of a desired 70) through the month of May and have (since June) gained back about 8.6 of those pounds. It sucks but we can't dwell on that. Misery and wallowing don't burn calories :) I'll add you.
  • JammyJae
    JammyJae Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Please add me I have been on this site for awhile and all my old friends have dropped off! I need some help! Got 15lbs down then went back up over the summer!!!
    Thank you everyone!!
  • M00nbeam55
    M00nbeam55 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've added you.
    I am new here and could use some supportive friends too :)