Walking!

Options
Hey all. I'm 20 years old, and ready to finally take care of and love myself.
So- I've been on MFP before- but need a clean start and new friends.

I'm going to be honest- I won't be doing the food diary. The main reason is because if I miss a day I feel like a failure and it is too hard to keep up with in college. However, that does not mean I won't be watching what I'll eat.
I'm weaning off gluten this semester, and watching portions.

I plan to walk an hour every day starting tomorrow, and considering joining Curves once I can afford to.
None of my real life friends are reliable for working out. I've learned it HAS to be up to me.

My main reasons for weight loss are: I am unhappy and tired of other factors affecting how I look and feel about myself. Class Reunion coming up- and I don't want to be the fat girl.

Self esteem has always been an issue, and in overcoming the self dislike, I've avoided pictures and the mirror- which unfortunately have me living in a parallel universe where I think I still fit into my clothes and look fine from behind.
WRONG. Time to face reality. And buy a scale.

I am worth it.

I will be planning to log my exercise, however to keep track of what I'm burning.

Please feel free to add me- and encourage each other on this walk!

Replies

• alice_harte
    alice_harte Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about feeling like a failure when it comes to logging your food. I didn't do it for a whole year but still watched what I ate. You are so worth it and you can make this happen. I'm here for you for support, just let me know!!! Good luck!