ViSalus Shakes?

Options
Hello ! :) My friend sells these health shakes called ViSalus.
Now I have a friend that drinks them. She went from a size 16 to a size 10 IN A MONTH.

I was just wondering if anyone else heard of them, and what their experiences were?
Can't decide if i wanna spend the $60 or not!

Replies

• fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it's not worth it. Why spend 60$ on however many shakes when you could make your own for half the cost? Just invest in a blender and a LOT of fruit. That way, you know exactly what's in them, you can control the flavors, stuff like that. And is dropping 6 whole sizes in a month.. ok? That's like 2 sizes per week. Sounds a little weird to me!
  • leska1216
    Options
    I tried Vi Salus and all it did was deplete my bank account. It's not worth it. Make your own shakes/smoothies using milk/juice/yogurt , fresh fruits, and if you like a good protein powder. Measure and log what you put into the blender.

Dropping 6 sizes in a month? Not healthy at all. And when she quits the shakes and starts eating she will gain it all back.

Do not diet and do not go for a quick fix. Eat healthy, count calories, drink lots of water, and exercise.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    It's a starvation diet in disguise, plus it's just a multi-level marketing scheme...in general, flee from any diet plan that has an actual name if you want to lose the weight and keep it off.

Edit: I second what someone else said about making your own and that your friend will gain the weight back. Diets like these don't teach you anything - they're a quick fix/easy way out - and most people that do them gain all the weight back and then some because they haven't learned how to change the lifestyle that got them there in the first place.
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on ViSalus right now and have been for months now. I'm up to 34 pounds lost and I've got 26 left to go! Yes, it IS expensive. I won't deny that and it's hard to afford at points. But in taking the shakes every day, twice a day, I've actually cut back on my grocery bill. If you order the Transformation Kit, it also come with vitamins, appetite suppressors, and energy powder. I ordered that Kit the first time but then cut back to the much cheaper Shape Kit.

There are times that I go weeks without taking the shakes and I don't gain an ounce so don't worry about gaining it back, it doesn't happen.

One thing though: Unless you are VERY overweight or obese, you DO need to do exercising on the program. I didn't exercise much at first and didn't see great results. After I added gym time to the plan, the numbers really started to fall. People who have A LOT to lose are going to see results without the exercise just because they aren't consuming as many calories by taking the shakes than eating full meals.

I hope this helps you out. I don't sell the products myself (I don't work for the company) so you can trust this is an honest assessment of the product. Personally, I think it's worth the price. But some many not think it worth the price. =)
  • Athena413
    Options
    There are times that I go weeks without taking the shakes and I don't gain an ounce so don't worry about gaining it back, it doesn't happen.

Doesn't happen? Really? But how are your behaviors during that time? You're probably not gorging yourself with the same foods as you used to and you're probable more active... :noway:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Here's an EXCELLENT blog by David Modderman regarding Body by Vi:

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/
  • cuddingm
    cuddingm Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As with any diet I am concerned that once you stop taking the shakes or taking the meal suppressors the weight will come off. People need to stop dieting and make life style changes. I am not saying the shakes are bad just think its better if you do something that you can continue for life and not just a few months. By all means take the shakes if you want and you can incorporate them into your life style after your goal is reached. The part about the sizes seems to good to be true to me but good for your friend. Just being the devils advocate.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    CRAP CRAP CRAP, artificial flavors stay the fk away.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink the shakes and for me its not a diet plan, its not a magical cure all lose weight drink... its a life style change! its learning how to eat better... i was my goal weight when i started drinking them... i didnt do it to lose weight i did it to add something more to my diet... The shakes are very good for you and tastes amazing... i might replace one meal a day with it (sometimes breakfast when i dont have time to make one) but i mostly wanted it for after my workouts or for a snack in the evening instead of eating something that might not be as good for me. Yes they can be expensive but they can also be FREE too!!!! You are going to find lots of people who are against meal replacement shakes and those that are all for them... i look at it this way there are more people in this world who do not know how to eat healthy or dont have the time (which is an excuse i have heard many many times) so how much easier does it need to get by mixing a shake that can give you some of the essential vitamins and protein that your body needs?

You need to find something that works for you, ViSalus might not be for everyone but it works for me... it has helped me maintain my weight well i work on building lean muscle mass... It tastes amazing much better then any other protein powder i was taking before... i like the protein shakes cause i have a hard time getting enough protein in my diet with out it so this is just an added bonus to my daily nutrition.

Make your own opinion on it. try it if you dont like it then quit, its as simple as that!
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started the Body By Vi two shakes a day 40 days ago. The weight has not fallen off of me, its been a healthy, gradual weight loss. To date I have lost 6.5lbs which puts me at 1lb a week loss and from what I understand thats normally recommended. I have loved this product because it is very convient for my schedule. I have always had problems digesting solid food and keeping my energy level up. I would have naps at least once and sometimes twice a day if I could and barely had the energy to make it to the gym for a workout. Since the Body By Vi program my stomach digests well, I dont feel pressure in my stomach and it doesnt hurt. I am also very excited to say I do NOT nap anymore and my workouts are much more productive. My energy level is much better, I feel happier, I sleep better and wake up feeling more refreshed. Never did I think something like this would work but it did. I havent had drastic weight loss like some others who are on the other types of kits but my experience has been great so far. It has also cut back on my grocery bill yes. It has changed my life in such a positive way. I have been struggling with weight loss now for over a year, I was ill and put on 6 medications in which I have not been able to get any of the weight off and made me soo very tired and sluggish. This has given me the kick start that I needed, has helped me reduce MANY cravings. Now instead of craving sweets such as frozen yogurt or chocolate I crave apples, never thought I would see that day LoL! I would definitely recommend this product and just as it has been mentioned previously if you dont wish to continue after some time just cancel. :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sounds suspect
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    . I didn't exercise much at first and didn't see great results. After I added gym time to the plan, the numbers really started to fall.

Which says to me it's the gym that's helped you and not the shakes....
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Something I have forgotten to mention, I started noticing definition in my muscles right away. I am not a small girl and working at getting my weight down, I work out 4 times a week at least and within the first week I was noticing a difference. Two of my friends are using Visalus as well, the two shakes a day only kit and their weight loss has been gradual such as mine. From what I understand anything more than the Shape Kit (The one with just the shake packages) the stuff included is what helps people with the more drastic weight loss. I have been very happy and so has my two friends. We all notice when we eat something such as fast food we can really feel the difference between the shakes and the "gross" food lol. Been a very healthy lifestyle change for all of us! Good Luck!
  • deadbambi
    Options
    Okay so I wanna thank everyone for their input first of all! Seems to be some very mixed reviews!
    I really appreciate everyone's experiences, thank you so much for sharing! :)

I think I'm going to go ahead and give ViSalus a try. I'm gonna replace one meal a day with the shake (probably breakfast or dinner) and continue with my workout plan!

They seem to be jam-packed with vitamins and not very many "unknown" ingrediants, so I don't really see the harm in giving it a go!

I tried 2 shakes already, and they taste good! so I'm gonna buy my $60 package this weekend. :)