getting started...

Options
Hi
I would like to lose 25-30 lbs and want to track what i eat and count my calories so i can cut down and improve on my portion sizes. everytime i staart out i do great for breakfast and lunch, at the begining of the day but towards the end i always stop tracking and then i end up stopping all together. does anyone else have this prob? any advice? i work nights so maybe that has something to do with it. thanks

Replies

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    It might help you stay on track throughout the day if you plan the day in advance. Plan out what you are going to eat at each meal and record it in your food diary. Then when it is time to eat you can prepare the meal that you already have recorded and not wonder what to eat.
  • r3ban1x
    r3ban1x Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, breakfast, lunch, snacks, all going great, then way too much for dinner. Just have to be conscious of everything I do at night when I'm home alone. I work 2 jobs and have school so my scheduled is hectic but it makes it easier to control during the day bc I don't have time to eat a big breakfast or lunch so I overcompensate at night. For me it's a constant battle and I've been trying to lose the same 10-20 lbs for almost 3 years.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Consider planning your meals ahead of time. If your schedule is too erratic to plan and prepare meals a week in advance, work on 2-3 meals instead. My schedule is routine on purpose so my meals for the coming are almost always planned and prepared every weekend.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • curlygirl112
    curlygirl112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! that is so helpful. i am going to plan my meals for the next 2-3 days and see if i can get on a schedule and see if that helps. maybe that will help the evening eating also if i am planing out my snacks also. thanks again!!